Lisle, IL - Season Pass

Heh...cool :)

When's the next show we get to have fun with?

Kevin, do you know perchance?

I know not. When I talked to Ricky and Chris yesterday (I've never been called to give a quote before! I'm FAMOUS!!!) they explained that they're at the mercy of the 'net availability at various locations. For example, some places have such strong firewall protection that it's all but impossible to set up live streaming, no matter how strong the connection itself is. DCI got lucky at Lisle that they had a great high-speed connection and no security issues to deal with from the university's network.

Somebody mentioned that one of the Season Pass people in the press box at Lisle said something along the lines that we might see something like this for the Columbia, SC, show. Mind you, this falls under the "hearsay/rumor" category so don't get your hopes up.

One thing Ricky DID say is that, next time they live stream, they'll attempt to use the camera they used for the 2-3 minute clips, so video and audio quality could be significantly higher than Lisle's beta test.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know not. When I talked to Ricky and Chris yesterday (I've never been called to give a quote before! I'm FAMOUS!!!) they explained that they're at the mercy of the 'net availability at various locations. For example, some places have such strong firewall protection that it's all but impossible to set up live streaming, no matter how strong the connection itself is. DCI got lucky at Lisle that they had a great high-speed connection and no security issues to deal with from the university's network.

Somebody mentioned that one of the Season Pass people in the press box at Lisle said something along the lines that we might see something like this for the Columbia, SC, show. Mind you, this falls under the "hearsay/rumor" category so don't get your hopes up.

One thing Ricky DID say is that, next time they live stream, they'll attempt to use the camera they used for the 2-3 minute clips, so video and audio quality could be significantly higher than Lisle's beta test.

Interesting...so I would assume that a higher bandwidth would be needed on the users end for the increase in potential quality. Someone please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Interesting...so I would assume that a higher bandwidth would be needed on the users end for the increase in potential quality. Someone please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

I think to be more accurate, it's fair to say that the press box needs to have such a good connection, that it can stream the higher amount of data back to brightcove in real-time. While many press boxes are modernizing, often such a connection doesn't exist. From my experience, college and NFL boxes offer the speed. However on occasion the networks are heavily distributed, making a fat pipe out not possible. That kind of video is probably going out at roughly 300-500 kbps. Also, don't forget that often downloads and uploads are not the same speed in a location.

It's all about data.

My understanding was they were talking about the Columbia, MO show this Saturday, since that is a DCI-run show. I would hope that U of M has the facilities available to provide streaming video, since all of the U of M homegames are broadcast on the local Fox Sports Net.

Hey, if they can't do it, I'll take the beta...I still enjoyed being able to watch the show

The other alternative was nothing at all

• 3 weeks later...