Lisle, IL placements

Question: How are Bluecoats winning Guard captions when as of Saturday they did not have the two closing movements completed on the field? Just wondering how this is possible? Don't get me wrong I am EXTREMELY happy that they are taking out some of the "big dogs" of guard...just wondering!?!?!

Maybe the other guys aren't finished yet either? Wouldn't be surprising.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Toledo show and saw that no corps had all their guard work on the field. Although all had a complete drill, so that was nice! :)

I wouldn't get too hung up on who beat who and why (as in who has CG work and who doesn't). June is June....things change (especially when people do their rewrites the first two weeks of July). I really feel like the Bluecoats book (the total combination of drill, to music, to CG, to effect) is one of the more difficult and complete shows out there and will take awhile to clean (kind of like Cadets last year). I think they are getting credit for some demand that is being executed reasonably well right now. We'll see how it shakes out in the long run. I'm really more inclined to say that this is a sign of things to come. Keep an eye on the Bluecoats GE scores, I think that will be what seperates the wheat from the chaffe. I'm stunned at the 'Coats brass number. It's a tough book, but I think they are wailing at this point (at least deserving of a 14!).

Spreads will change, but it is fun to watch how all this unfolds.

DW

Way to go Blue

Question? What does this mean for Madison at this point? They haven't broke 70 yet and they have been the headliner of the shows they have competed in.

Question: How are Bluecoats winning Guard captions when as of Saturday they did not have the two closing movements completed on the field? Just wondering how this is possible? Don't get me wrong I am EXTREMELY happy that they are taking out some of the "big dogs" of guard...just wondering!?!?!

They can't punish you in a execution caption for not having the show complete. It's how well you perform what you have. The GE judge will knock you down for that.

Edited by Bored50345