For those of you asking about the SCV uniforms...

Some folks in the Blue Devils used to call us the Christmas trees, and this uniform makes me realize why.

I think some white needs to separate the green and red. I'm not sure why this unis aren't working for me because this is not the first time SCV has done the red tunic/green pant thing. I think the form fitting red tunic just doesn't look right with the green. I wonder what a white tunic (red cross stripe) and green pant would look like.

If you want to know what that would look like just check out the Madison new uniform thread. their new uniform is basically what you described.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what a white tunic (red cross stripe) and green pant would look like.

Scouts.....

Edit - you beat me to it....

Edited by kusankusho

I really like the Green pants, but i've never really liked the 05 tops; but I think the top works alot better with the new pants, the last uniform had a serious lack of green in it

but we all know why they put on new pants right?

its easy to see that the change in pants was SCV trying to change there look from 05 in order to distance themsleves from that season.

Btw, does anyone have a first hand accout of there show? I want to prove to my Music Teacher that SCV is back b**bs

I would be really interested in seeing them have the chutzpa to go old school and try out white shoes with this ala 1985.

All I can say is that I like it.

Eh, I'm a little suspect of your statement. Explain s'more.

Well SCV has been trying to distance themselves from 2005 sence july of 2005. Some of my teachers are SCV alumni and are active in corps poiltics and all that jazz. SCV Alumni almost pulled the corps because they acted in a non SCV manor (picking fights with BD and stupid crap like that). If you watched there Memorial day weekend podcast, it was all about 2004 SCV. Rick was fired from corps director and fired about all the rest of the staff too. The reason why they brought back the white pants in the first place was Rick trying to bring back the "golden years" of SCV (the 80s for the most part). Thats why they did the remake of the Russian show, and why they brough in the white pants.

ok so now here is what I belive

They changed into the green pants because it gets back to the 2004 SCV we all know and love. The alumni was proably at falut for the change in pants, claming that white pants was for the 80s and that it's not the 80's for vanguard anymore. Thats why the 2005 uniform look almost exactly like the 80's uniform. SCV proably didnt wanna dish out the money for a brand new top desine too, so to change the look of SCV quick and without costing them to much money. They just changed the pants.

Well SCV has been trying to distance themselves from 2005 sence july of 2005. Some of my teachers are SCV alumni and are active in corps poiltics and all that jazz. SCV Alumni almost pulled the corps because they acted in a non SCV manor (picking fights with BD and stupid crap like that). If you watched there Memorial day weekend podcast, it was all about 2004 SCV. Rick was fired from corps director and fired about all the rest of the staff too. The reason why they brought back the white pants in the first place was Rick trying to bring back the "golden years" of SCV (the 80s for the most part). Thats why they did the remake of the Russian show, and why they brough in the white pants.

They changed into the green pants because it gets back to the 2004 SCV we all know and love. The alumni was proably at falut for the change in pants, claming that white pants was for the 80s and that it's not the 80's for vanguard anymore. Thats why the 2005 uniform look almost exactly like the 80's uniform. SCV proably didnt wanna dish out the money for a brand new top desine too, so to change the look of SCV quick and without costing them to much money. They just changed the pants.

Wow - that is one heck of a lot of misinformation! You should stop, really. What I find particularly funny, "SCV Alumni almost pulled the corps..." I didn't realize we (alumni) carried such power! :bleah::beer::bleah:

What a looney. <**> "We changed pants, so all is now rosy"??? That's your "argument"?

BTW, a spell checker and a grammatical brushing-up might add a bit (a BIT, mind you) of respectability to your posts.

Mike in OH