Greetings from the New Guy

Hello DCP,

My name is John from Dallas, TX (GO MAVS!!) :( . I have been a big Drum Corps fan since 1987. Appalachian Springs and The Nutcracker Suite rocked my world and I have been hooked ever since. I have played the trumpet and piano for about 25 years. Unfortunately, I have no Drum Corps experience. I ran track throughout high school and college, therefore my summers were spent training and competing.

I have known about DCP for a while, but never had the time to join in the fun until recently. I have plans to attend the Denton, Dallas and San Antonio shows. I'm looking forward to a great summer of drum corps competition and spirited DCP discussion.

-John

Welcome to DCP. :)

Hello DCP,

My name is John from Dallas, TX (GO MAVS!!) :( . I have been a big Drum Corps fan since 1987. Appalachian Springs and The Nutcracker Suite rocked my world and I have been hooked ever since. I have played the trumpet and piano for about 25 years. Unfortunately, I have no Drum Corps experience. I ran track throughout high school and college, therefore my summers were spent training and competing.

I have known about DCP for a while, but never had the time to join in the fun until recently. I have plans to attend the Denton, Dallas and San Antonio shows. I'm looking forward to a great summer of drum corps competition and spirited DCP discussion.

-John

Hello...and welcome aboard!

Hey John!

You should come see us perform this Saturday in Austin. We have a drumline sectional tonight in Dallas and playing at the Texas Drum Corps Preview on the Texas capitol steps Saturday evening.

check out Frontiercorps.org to see your local corps.

Jeff

Hey John!

You should come see us perform this Saturday in Austin. We have a drumline sectional tonight in Dallas and playing at the Texas Drum Corps Preview on the Texas capitol steps Saturday evening.

check out Frontiercorps.org to see your local corps.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the invite. I might make the trip to Austin for the Preview. The APD's are great but I am chomping at the bit for some live drum corps.

To Everyone:

Thanks for the warm reception.

Welcome to the site John!

We're glad you're here and hope you enjoy the lively discussion.

Please be sure to let us know if there's something we can do to help.

-john (lower-case 'j')