The Bluecoats are going to Win DCI this year.

You could have the best design and concept in the world but if it's dirty, whether early or late in the season, why are people more "forgiving?" Is it because corps try to "push the envelope" at the expense of execution?

Of course, if you want a show that was not only poorly designed AND poorly executed (mostly poorly executed), I can think of one off the top of my head 'cause I saw it LIVE in Madison:

2002 Madison Scouts (14th place)

(Sorry, Scouts fans and alumni)

Because they are rewarding the demand, not the execution at that point in the season.

If you'd like another example from the same year I can point you towards Crown, because I performed it LIVE in Madison :P

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get-attachment.jpg

First, I LOVE this picture! LOL!

Second, where are my BCCG peeps? I'm getting a rash from all of these horn & drum folk.

:D

DBC03, I like demand. That's why I loved the Cavaliers' early 00s shows. But I know a lot of people who thought 2002 was a little dirty. But I think The Cadets shows have been both demanding and clean. Even if you hate them. :P

Hehe, in one day I managed to be called a cadets borg and a hater I think :P

I don't hate the Cadets by any stretch of the imagination. I marched there :P

SO LET'S ALTER THE THREAD A BIT, EH?

1. What "common" tour meal do you miss the most?

2. What "special occasion" meal was the best you ever had?

1. "Common" tour meal: Cold cereal for breakfast believe it or not.

When I marched Sky Ryders, all we had was stuff like corn flakes and cheerios. I had been told we get "sugared cereal" when we break 80 (and only on that day). Of course, in 90, we never broke 80 so we totally missed out there. In 91, we got it for that one day. It was a real treat. When I came to Bluecoats in 92, I was stunned to find that they had "sugared cereal" EVERYDAY DAY! HOLY CRAP! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! b**bs

Other than that, we always liked the "breakfast pizzas".

2. "Special Occasion" meals:

I think we actually got steak once or twice during both years I marched.

Also, in 92 there were parents of a former corps member who lived in the Nashville area who were apparently pretty well off financially. When the tour came through Nashville, the entire corps was invited to their house for a party and if I remember correctly it was a huge mexican buffet. Like - *really good* mexican. We ate, drank, and watched drumcorps videos all night. Good times.... :)

Special Occasion Meal:

'05 members will testify -

Ted Swaldo's Barbeque Pulled Pork Beef Brisket Chicken Delight Buffet of Amazingness Party.

Complete with entertainment from Ted's basement bowling alley, batting cages, as well as multiple big-screen tvs, pool tables, and arcade games. And don't forget the pool/hot tub complete with stone grotto and waterslide.

Doesn't every corps have a tour send-off at a mansion?

Special Occasion Meal:

Ted Swaldo's Barbeque Pulled Pork Beef Brisket Chicken Delight Buffet of Amazingness Party.

Complete with entertainment from Ted's basement bowling alley, batting cages, as well as multiple big-screen tvs, pool tables, and arcade games. And don't forget the pool/hot tub complete with stone grotto and waterslide.

:blink::blink::worthy::worthy:

Am I the ONLY one who loved egg/tuna salad day???? :P

Special Occasion Meal:

:blink::blink::worthy::worthy:

i can't think of a better way to kick off tour than that party last year at Ted's

:)