Birmingham Scores

The vocalist welcomed the crowd and said something along the lines of thanks for coming out tonight and hope you enjoy.

Did she also tell them that they were a beautiful audience and to try the veal? :P

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your poor insight.

Wow, " thank you " for slamming a reviewer, and not telling anyone why you thought his review insight was " poor ". The guy was at the show. He took the time out afterwards to give us his impressions. Maybe he could have told us in a little more detail about what he liked about the Phantom Regiment, but he did say what he liked and didn't like. What's YOUR problem with his review ? Were you at this show ? What were your impressions of each Corps performance ?

Edited by X DM

Spirit was supposed to reveal all black uniforms last night with a small blue delta on the chest. Can anyone that was there confirm?

You may need an * next to the percussion score as a Phantom alum was judgin that caption. I noticed the gap there and was surprised then saw the panel. Could be correct or could be wrong. I hope both shows are incredible be season end from the ADP.

You may need an * next to the percussion score as a Phantom alum was judgin that caption. I noticed the gap there and was surprised then saw the panel. Could be correct or could be wrong. I hope both shows are incredible be season end from the ADP.

I wouldn't put too much into the idea a judge playing favorites, simply because they're scoring a corps they've been associated with. As I recall, Albert Lowe (a brass staffer from my marching days) gave Phantom some pretty tough scores last summer.

Actually, Jeff Prosperie was on the Phantom staff, and ever since then, when he judges Phantom he is usually very hard on them. Not commenting on last night, because I wasn't there. We all know Cadets' drumline will be in the hunt as usual. Maybe Phantom is at that level this year too...they tied for 2nd last year.

When did I ever say that I hated the Cadets? If you read the review, I said that I loved their show last year. Read that again: I LOVED THEIR SHOW LAST YEAR. But no, of course you wouldn't read that part because you assume those who don't the Cadets' show have no say in this activity. Fine, you love the show, great. I don't. If I'm not entertained, I won't like it, and guess what? This year, their show is not entertaining.

A few other things I think a few others were wondering about:

1. Spirit was wearing the same uniforms as last year, sparkly blue deltas and all... I assume this means they haven't gotten their new unis yet.

2. The Cadets hornline was amazing, I just wish the talent had been utilized better. That is the reason I didn't like the show, I felt it wasn't being true to the activity where in the great brass and percussion was beeing put behind, almost the entire show, the singing and the tea party narration. I'm sorry, but I go to drum corps to get a little more deaf, and their show didn't contribute to my early hearing loss. I wish I'd stayed for the encore, because apparently that would've put me a few steps ahead :P .

3. Phantom was just amazing. I was their for their ensemble practice and they sounded INCREDIBLE. I would sit and listen to them warm up in the arc for hours, speaking of going deaf :) . The hornline was powerful, the soprano line was just unbelievable, and I don't think I remember a mello line as imposing as this one, at least not in a long time. The drumline looked clean from my standpoint, I'm a brass player, but all in all, they definetely were the cleanest section, both playing and drill wise. Phantom does have a fair share of drill issues that I know will be worked out very quickly. The guard was great, the story of Faust easily understandable in the show if you already know it. 'Nuff said :ph34r: .

4. And most importantly, as I walked behind the stands, I noted the plethora of new and awesome shirts available from Spirit and Phantom, from which I each bought one, so if that's any indication, prepare to go extra bankrupt this year people. Support the corps, buy their gas, GO BROKE! :P

Did she also tell them that they were a beautiful audience and to try the veal? :P

No, but she did tell them to take her wife ...please. :ph34r: