Birmingham Scores

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 04 first score 77.0, finals score 95.6 4th place

Cadets 05 first score 70.3, finals score 99.15 1st place

They only gained 18.6 points over the season in 04 but 28.85 last year so...........................................................................

Who knows what will happen

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cadets 04 first score 77.0, finals score 95.6 4th place

Cadets 05 first score 70.3, finals score 99.15 1st place

They only gained 18.6 points over the season in 04 but 28.85 last year so...........................................................................

Who knows what will happen

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I remember seeing Cadets in Toledo in 2004....they scored a 77??? :worthy:

Here is the Cadets first show last year.

corps reps

I admit its an early show and all the scores seem on the low side, don't know why. Maybe shows weren't finished???

My real point however is that it can vary greatly from one year to the next how a corps and its show develops. It could go a long way, or maybe not???

Edited by shawn craig

wow...i was looking forward to seeing the Cadets saturday...but after those reviews....i'm slightly discouraged....o well...at least Phantom and Crown will be there!

(that was not aimed at anyone that didn't like the Cadets show....thanks for the reviews) :P

wow...i was looking forward to seeing the Cadets saturday...but after those reviews....i'm slightly discouraged....o well...at least Phantom and Crown will be there!

(that was not aimed at anyone that didn't like the Cadets show....thanks for the reviews) :P

Don't let a few bad reviews get you down, there have been about the same number of people who have seen the Cadets show and loved it, myself included. Some will hate it, others will love it, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Don't let a few bad reviews get you down, there have been about the same number of people who have seen the Cadets show and loved it, myself included. Some will hate it, others will love it, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

true...and all i know is...if its like last years show....i remember leaving my first viewing their show disgusted....by the end of the season i was in love with the show...

And look out for Crossmen on Monday with Phantom, Boston and Crown.

I don't see myself at the end of this season loving the Cadets show like I did last season, wherein I didn't like it when I saw it the first time but it grew on me... Namely, because the focus of the show is on vocals. I know and I'm glad that the hornline is so talented and the percussion can really bring it, but the drum feature wasn't as stellar as last year and the hornline never really gets to show its muscles... so the focus is, again, mostly on the singing and narration... and while I can tolerate singing if it is done well, I really don't like narration, so that is the dominate reason why I don't feel this show will grow on me as much as last year's did.