Birmingham Scores

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion.

Don't play this "in your opinion" game. By the activity's standard, the Cadets are doing creative and challenging things across the board, and doing them well. For someone not to respect that and call the show terrible is plain ignorance. I don't like country music, but when I see a good country music performance, I respect it. I don't call it terrible. I may not perfer it, but it is not terrible.

Statements like The Cadets show was terrible, or "maybe Southwind was higher than The Cadets" show nothing more than poor insight. I've seen The Cadets, Phantom, and Southwind this year, and I know that it is completely ridiculous to say that Southwind's show was more enjoyable than Cadets or any other top Div. 1 corps for that matter. The review that the other user posted was not sincere, it was stupid.

No one says that Southwind is cleaner or more talented than Cadets. The Cadets are EXTREMELY talented, and each caption is very strong. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm sure everyone is glad you like the Cadets. I'm a Cadets fan, but I really dislike this years show and I thought Southwind was more entertaining. I guess that makes me stupid too.

Statements like The Cadets show was terrible, or "maybe Southwind was higher than The Cadets" show nothing more than poor insight. I've seen The Cadets, Phantom, and Southwind this year, and I know that it is completely ridiculous to say that Southwind's show was more enjoyable than Cadets or any other top Div. 1 corps for that matter. The review that the other user posted was not sincere, it was stupid.

I marched in Cadets for 5 years and know that it is NOT ridiculous at all for someone to like Southwind's show better. Believe it or not, I'm sure there are a lot of people who will like Southwind's show better. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I do think the poster went out of his way to negatively review The Cadets, but that doesn't mean his opinion is wrong.

Sorry Adam, I know I'm feeding him a nice slab of Porterhouse, but I just gotta say it...

Statements like The Cadets show was terrible, or "maybe Southwind was higher than The Cadets" show nothing more than poor insight....

The review that the other user posted was not sincere, it was stupid.

Not true. The Cadets and Southwind have put out two very different products, and it's more than possible to enjoy one more then the other. To say Southwind performed better, or Southwind should have placed higher? That would be pretty unlikely. But for someone to say they enjoyed Southwind's performance more is perfectly legitimate. I listen to BK 2003, a 13th-place show, more than just about any other show from that year, certainly more than Blue Devils '03. Or, to use your favorite corps: I listen to Les Etoiles '98, a 17th-place show, as often as I listen to the Cadets first place show from that year. There's nothing intrinsic to the Cadets that says they will automatically be liked more than Southwind, just because it's Southwind. It still comes down to the product that's placed on the field, and the way that product appeals to our own individual tastes.