Birmingham Scores

And by the way, stop looking at/keeping track of my posting history. Nerd.

You seem like a.......well Bando?!?!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you are saying I'm a Cadet basher.

I said I liked the 2005 show.

I said the hornline was very talented.

I said the drumline was very talented.

And then I said:

The singing/narration was drowning out the above.

I was not being disrespectful and I wasn't saying that Southwind did anthing BETTER than anyone. I said that the show and concept that Southwind it doing this season, to me, is more entertaining. If you can't handle that, to borrow from you, you're stupid.

Last Night's Show Results:

Birmingham, AL

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 The Cadets 74.450

2 Phantom Regiment 73.800

3 Spirit from JSU 67.200

4 Southwind 60.050

5 The Magic 54.500

DIVISION II

1 Teal Sound 57.500

Statements like The Cadets show was terrible, or "maybe Southwind was higher than The Cadets" show nothing more than poor insight. I've seen The Cadets, Phantom, and Southwind this year, and I know that it is completely ridiculous to say that Southwind's show was more enjoyable than Cadets or any other top Div. 1 corps for that matter. The review that the other user posted was not sincere, it was stupid.

I " enjoyed" Southwind's show last year over The Cadets. As a matter of fact, the Cadets show was one of my most least" enjoyed" shows in years from a Corps. This does not mean they did not deserve to win. They did. " Enjoyment " is a purly subjective thing. It is personal. I and others can not tell you what YOU should like, enjoy, or dislike. That is a matter personal taste. Likewise, you come off looking foolish when you tell people what they should " enjoy " or not.

Last Night's Show Results:

Birmingham, AL

Place Corps Score

DIVISION I

1 The Cadets 74.450

2 Phantom Regiment 73.800

3 Spirit from JSU 67.200

4 Southwind 60.050

5 The Magic 54.500

DIVISION II

1 Teal Sound 57.500

Why doesn't Southwind concentrate on beating Spirit and Phantom's score first, before going after the World Champions? Every loves Boston Crusaders shows no matter what place they come in.

Stop being so competitive. A fan is a fan of many!

Why can't SW be better than Cadets at programing an entertaining show? Personally, they had one of the most enjoyable shows of the 04 season, and I have no doubts that they did it again this year. To be clear, just because a show is fun to watch does not mean it should win. I won't contest SW's placement in 04, but I'll listen to it over many of the top 12.

Why can't SW be better than Cadets at programing an entertaining show? Personally, they had one of the most enjoyable shows of the 04 season, and I have no doubts that they did it again this year. To be clear, just because a show is fun to watch does not mean it should win. I won't contest SW's placement in 04, but I'll listen to it over many of the top 12.

We need to leave that stuff to the Judges. I personally thought that Crown should have won DCI last year.

Why doesn't Southwind concentrate on beating Spirit and Phantom's score first, before going after the World Champions? Every loves Boston Crusaders shows no matter what place they come in.

Stop being so competitive. A fan is a fan of many!

whoa...now who said anything about Southwind concentrating on beating Cadets...no one said that.....this whole thing really has nothing to do with competitiveness....it's a matter of personal enjoyment of fans talking about these particular shows.

haha, okay - if we're going to let judges decide, then I won't bring up SW 2000

Really though, take a look at Cadets 91 for a great example of where I think what we're seeing now came from. That show was WAY ahead of its time, and even the announcers didn't know what to make of it. However, with enough talent you can ride nearly any show to a top 6 finish.

I don't see why you are saying I'm a Cadet basher.

I said I liked the 2005 show.

I said the hornline was very talented.

I said the drumline was very talented.

And then I said:

The singing/narration was drowning out the above.

I was not being disrespectful and I wasn't saying that Southwind did anthing BETTER than anyone. I said that the show and concept that Southwind it doing this season, to me, is more entertaining. If you can't handle that, to borrow from you, you're stupid.

You have nothing to apologize for