I'm feeling ornery...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of clearly defined....

are there different rules for corps discussions forums, OT, and then of course, the ever changing CE Forum rules?

Why do I ask?

well.....

we have an emoticon named #####. ya know, those things females have on their chests. b**bs

yet....we cant say the VP's first name unless we use the full formal Richard. if you say the D word, it's #'d out.

so.....if the d word is #'d out, why is the p word for that same anatomical part not #'d out?

I ask because i saw a thread shut down for use of that word...the p one...when i saw 30 posts w/innuendo used that blows out the usage of the p word.

yet...if done in OT, nothing would be touched.

and ####, if in CE, you can pretty much do anything and half the time your reports go ignored.

Oh, i know this will probably kill the thread and i'll get the usual ims and oms and emails #####ing at me for going public with concerns...that quite frequently, when i do address them privately, not a ###### thing gets done.

i know, i know i ask for consistency and clearly stated rules. well right now, as i read the guidelines, the only place that has different ( and still unclear) rules is the CE Forum.

the other OT forums and the rest of the site have the same rules as far as i can read, but are enforced way differently.

so is the corps forums to be done one way, OT another and CE is free for all til Rich comes in and scolds or closes stuff?

ok, countdown til thread closure and hate mail on now.

and IMO, the one good thing DCP used to do was air this stuff publically, because all of the concerns were addressed, and you could actually see progress, even if only for a short while.

must have been added. wasn't a few days ago

cool. doesnt answer my other questions, but one answer is better than none.

It's kind of veered onto a different angle, but I didn't think that The Tzar was Nikk either

been there, done that, been ignored

Jeff,

PM me regarding this, please.

In my time here, I have seen tremendous restraint here for the most part by mod's and "cops" as i like to call them. Raised eyebrows maybe, but no

real brow beatings per-say or banishments or suspensions. It seems like a constant work in progress here, with quick, quiet moves made to correct issues or

potential "fire hazards" with little attention or fanfare announced or given. Just tweeks and repairs made as we go along...

I have been in political discussion threads (advice: do NOT go in those unless you have your issues down TOTALLY...) where heated discussions have

gotten ugly UGLY and suddenly one or two people are just GONE... *poof!* ... magic ... just tossed out.

You know, kinda reminds me of corps in a way... you stay with one for a long time and you get to know the inside stuff better than anyone...and the deep

irritating things that eat away at the more senior people for whatever reason that the majority of newers's don't "get" or see...

Something like this place just won't be perfect to everyone. It just never will be. If it isn't one thing...it'll be another that will be irritating to someone.

edit to add: BTW... I ain't directing these comment to ANYONE ... just talkin' and sharing opinion... THAT'S ALL.

Edited by GGarrett

thanks to Rich for the chat and clarification on one thing...apparently asking about guidelines stuff on here is against the guidelines