Hello

I am a drummer from Hutchinson, KS, and I am a hardcore drum corps fan. I've been reading these boards for quite a while, and now I want to start participating.

Good to hear.

Welcome to DCP. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Useless trivia time. . .

I'm from Cincinnati, and the Associate Pastor Emeritus of our suburban Presby Church used to live in KS and he also had a DC connection to your location. I found this out in an interesting fashion.

I was working out at the Y on the elliptical machine, beating it and myself up to my mp3 collection from the 2001 DCI season. This retired pastor was also there, and knowing my musical background, he asked me what music I was listening to that had me so fired up during my workout.

When I told him it was drum corps, and asked him if he knew anything about the activity, what he said floored me - "When we lived in KS, all our sons marched Hutchinson SkyRyders, and later one of them became SkyRyders' director for a short time."

Pastor's name - Gordon Jewett, and his son Dan directed the corps shortly before their eventual demise.

Too cool, huh? :)

And, btw, welcome to DCP! :)

Goodday! quad_squad Thank you and auh! we'll keep the light on for you.

drumspiritTerrance