Powder Springs, GA Predictions

Geluf, I agree with you. I misread the earlier post---you CANNOT compare scores from different shows!

Absolutely right. Glad we're on the same page! ^OO^

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Boston! Great first show score.

Boston was quiet all winter. Not much was heard. They had a 65.85 in last year's opener for them on 6/22. This 71.60 score for their first competition here on 6/23 this year seems like a good start for them.

Edited by X DM

Boston was quiet all winter. Not much was heard. They had a 65.85 in last year's opener for them on 6/22. This 71.60 score for their first competition here on 6/23 this year seems like a good start for them.

Boston made one major addition to the staff that i feel is key . Matt James as designer.

Jeff

Only because they didn't perform today. I think this Cadets show is going to tank from the looks of things. I haven't heard one good review yet.

If you call winning their first 2 shows tanking! Yes, I will proudly admit I'm a Cadets fan, or what is otherwise known as a borg by some. This early season stuff is so funny and predictable every year. All this frenzy because the Cadets have the nerve to try some new and different ideas. Thank god DCI has educated and open-minded judges deciding placements. Could you imagine if the people writing some of these show reviews recently were judging; scary thought! As some continue to take shots at the Cadets, they continue to quitely go about their business. This corps is a powerful machine and I would bet they are the corps the Cavaliers and Blue Devils are looking over their shoulder at. Go Cadets!!!!!!

Yes, after all, we wouldn't want to hear what the average, uneducated simp who goes to drum corps shows has to say about the Cadets, or anyone else.

Thank goodness for progressive judges, and those that are there to decide what is "good" art for us.

Heh.

Hey, guys....sorry I couldn't post scores live from the front sideline like I had hoped. I had to help set up for a very special presentation to DCI Hall of Fame inductee Freddy Martin during the encore, and was busy when the scores were announced.

We're driving over to Columbia, S.C., today, and I'll try to post scores from there live tonight. It will be a bit easier since we're not actually involved in running the show.

If you call winning their first 2 shows tanking! Yes, I will proudly admit I'm a Cadets fan, or what is otherwise known as a borg by some. This early season stuff is so funny and predictable every year. All this frenzy because the Cadets have the nerve to try some new and different ideas. Thank god DCI has educated and open-minded judges deciding placements. Could you imagine if the people writing some of these show reviews recently were judging; scary thought! As some continue to take shots at the Cadets, they continue to quitely go about their business. This corps is a powerful machine and I would bet they are the corps the Cavaliers and Blue Devils are looking over their shoulder at. Go Cadets!!!!!!

I think you may have blurred what some people are stating here between this " powerful machine" ( your words ) and what they like or don't like about their show. It is possible to acknowledge the talent and proficiency of a Corps and acknowledge that it can " win'...... winning here defined by a Corps placement with the judging community that you "Thank God " for with their " education " , and so forth, and quite another to " win " over an audience that some of us say " Thank God " for, because despite their lack of " education " relative to these judges, they have not totally abandoned to the Judging community what works and does not work for them in terms of appreciation and enjoyment of a Corps Show. Judging talent and proficiency remain in the domain of the Judging community, As it should. However, what is liked, or not liked about a Corps ability to reach an audience ( however that is defined ) still remains in the domain of the audience. Also, as it should be. I did not see or hear many fans critical of the Cadets " win " last year in DCI. Few fans I came in contact with thought the judges got it all wrong regarding their placement. Most of these non Corps afiliated fans seemed to be in sync with the judging community on the Cadets' "placement ", last year.

Edited by X DM