'87 media assistance

I once referenced an old, long-lost VHS tape here in a 1987 discussion.

Well, I was cleaning out the basement over the weekend and guess what I came across?

Righhht! BUT ... I have not had a chance to review the tape for integrity and quality. It could be hosed from moisture. If it held up, it has portion of the mentioned 1987 Bloomington show broadcast (including an SCV victory performance of Russian Christmas!).

It also has the 1987 Northbrook, IL indoor drumline contest. The highlights were a deeply talented, Cavie-influenced UK Wildcat performance of Peaches En Regalia (although, they were a little "off" that night) and a wild and crazy, winning performance by a well-traveled UCLA drumline ... playing some west coast drum corps classics (including Channel One suite)

Who knows what else is there. I cannot remember, as I've slept a few times since then.

With a recent job change, I have no time to get this into a digital format. Is there anybody willing to take the reigns? I'll pay to ship a copy. I know that the contents would be well appreciated by numerous folks.

With a recent job change, I have no time to get this into a digital format. Is there anybody willing to take the reigns? I'll pay to ship a copy. I know that the contents would be well appreciated by numerous folks.

Can't they do that for you at a camera store? They might even be able to restore damaged video tape (if there is any).. it's got to be worth a shot, huh?

Stef

I don't suppose anyone has the 1986 Bloomington broadcast on tape in a digital format

I have a tape of 27th Lancers from that show, but I don't suppose that's what you need.

Well, I was cleaning out the basement over the weekend and guess what I came across?

Righhht! BUT ... I have not had a chance to review the tape for integrity and quality. It could be hosed from moisture. If it held up, it has portion of the mentioned 1987 Bloomington show broadcast (including an SCV victory performance of Russian Christmas!).

It also has the 1987 Northbrook, IL indoor drumline contest. The highlights were a deeply talented, Cavie-influenced UK Wildcat performance of Peaches En Regalia (although, they were a little "off" that night) and a wild and crazy, winning performance by a well-traveled UCLA drumline ... playing some west coast drum corps classics (including Channel One suite)

Who knows what else is there. I cannot remember, as I've slept a few times since then.

Email me: cnaffier@comcast.net

I have the 1984 Bloomington, Indiana broadcast. . .

Chuck Naffier

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's probably unreasonable as #### to ask this, but since I was at the Bloomington show in 1987 performing, I sure would LOVE to see the VK performance. Really would. I remember that show not only because of the crowd response and how well we were doing at that point in the season, but because of a great experience I had having a conversation in the parking lot with someone who I found out later to be a Drum Corps--DM legend. A very special night for me...

Anyway--keep me in mind!!

I have a tape of 27th Lancers from that show, but I don't suppose that's what you need.

Is this the one where we dragged our butts off the bus and barely made our formations after all the bus breakdowns?

I'd like to see that.. :huh: We could even put that up on the website if you want...

Hmm..my brother in law has some sophisticated equipment he "MIGHT" be able to do something with it, I'll ask him...pm me. He has his own video production company.

UPDATE:

I've only been able to review the beginning of the tape, so far. Good news is that it hasn't been destroyed in storage. The bad news, for those specific performances requested, as referenced in original link posted, the recording starts in the middle of the Troopers show, followed by Star's complete show ... then retreat, awards, and SCV Russian Xmas standstill. (Was the performance order really Troopers next to last? They had to go on after SCV? I've slept a few times since then.)

So no 2-7 show. No VK show (although they played the corps in for retreat, which was broadcast, so your cadence was recorded ad naseum :D).

Some trooping the stands was broadcast as well.

I know the Northbrook indoor show is on this tape. (Ryan, you probably know some UCLA guys, as they had some VK representatio on that line, as well as SCV/BD). We'll see what else. B)

I've got a couple offers for assistance. Please remain patient with this busy fool. I'll get there eventually. :)