Why can't we let the Cadets be the Cadets?

First off, after the conclusion of the 2005 program, the young adults who auditioned for their prized and hard earned spots in the Cadets knew EXACTLY what they were getting into. They support the program they are in , and they enjoy their differences. The staff created a show that coincided with the current rules of the 2006 season, for drum corps international.

Don't be mad at the Cadets, get mad at DCI.

remember this is DCI! NOT the VFW

Drum Corps International......

Which is CHANGING. Whether good or bad , it is YOUR opinion. But the facts are present. More BOA type shows will keep popping up , and DCI isn't going to do a thing about it. If they hold to their guns, DCI will die out. DCI wants to be a contemporary marching arts program. They will NOT attract band kids to their programs if they stay in the past. Where do you think they get all of their memberS??!! have you been to a BOA show recently? Makes the Cadets look traditional.

If DCI had not made changes in the past, whether it be adding valves to the instruments, or allowing corps to play more notes in the drumline, or the addition of props, DCI would fall face first into the ground.

We all know that there will be opposition to every decision made by drum corps international. Yes the Cadets are an extreme " Right" in the activity, where the troopers are the extreme "Left" . And the bluecoats are near the middle..

I say... If it's soooo bad, don't buy Cadets merchandise, don't watch their DVD's, and walk out of the stadium when they preform. I know this is extremely rude, but what is the difference when all I hear is bashing in DCP?

Its not 1975 any more folks, and the second we bash and restrict complex show designs that are trying to acheive an " art" , you become closed minded.

And I am appalled that people want to bash someone's art because they don't like "singing". Well go get on the DCI's board of directors , go to those meetings, and vote against it... oh wait... oh wait... Its what DCI wants. Go start a VFW program , and watch and see that NOBODY wants to start an old school corps.

When does it stop? The valves? the amps? What's the difference? When people stop showing up to the Cadets shows, when they stop buying their t-shirts, is when it stops. And that is NOT happening. Just walk past a Cadets booth, its vERY busy right now, and it's mostly high school kids, the future of drum corps as we know it.

Oh and one last thing... Have you noticed a change on the front page of DCI.orG?

" Drum Corps International : Marching Musics Major League "

It is no longer" Drum and bugle corps : Tradition, history, repetitivness"

I am in no way saying that you cannot dislike a corps, or their program. But stop saying " Singing doesn't belong". Because according to the rules , it does, and it's what the majority of the people want, and the directors. DCI wants to be the LEADING edge in the Marching Arts, and the way things are going, its looking great. If DCI holds back, sticks to its guns, it will FAIL.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word ^OO^

If you think this will stop Cadets bashing, you are sorely mistaken

Your thread makes me want to bash the Cadets designers (not the kids) all the more

You can't stop people from having an opinion. If someone doesn't like what The Cadets are doing, they have every right to tell the world about it. Enough with these threads whining about someone's opinion... it's not fact, its just what someone THINKS. They are entitled to it.

If you think this will stop Cadets bashing, you are sorely mistaken

Your thread makes me want to bash the Cadets designers (not the kids) all the more

In other words, don't even try to make people stop bashing. Some people just won't.

You can't stop people from having an opinion. If someone doesn't like what The Cadets are doing, they have every right to tell the world about it. Enough with these threads whining about someone's opinion... it's not fact, its just what someone THINKS. They are entitled to it.

Why don't you read my post dude...

here ill quote myself

"I am in no way saying that you cannot dislike a corps, or their program. But stop saying " Singing doesn't belong". Because according to the rules , it does, and it's what the majority of the people want, and the directors. DCI wants to be the LEADING edge in the Marching Arts, and the way things are going, its looking great. If DCI holds back, sticks to its guns, it will FAIL"

"Which is CHANGING. Whether good or bad , it is YOUR opinion."

In other words, don't even try to make people stop bashing. Some people just won't.

they should direct their bashing towards DCI then, that will ACTUALLY change something...

And if we can direct bashing in a thread, we can keep it here, and not in other threads.

Why don't you read my post dude...

here ill quote myself

"I am in no way saying that you cannot dislike a corps, or their program. But stop saying " Singing doesn't belong". Because according to the rules , it does, and it's what the majority of the people want, and the directors. DCI wants to be the LEADING edge in the Marching Arts, and the way things are going, its looking great. If DCI holds back, sticks to its guns, it will FAIL"

"Which is CHANGING. Whether good or bad , it is YOUR opinion."

So, what what was the point of this post then? You're saying that people can have an opinion as long as its not "singing doesn't belong" or stuff along those lines? <**>

they should direct their bashing towards DCI then, that will ACTUALLY change something...

And if we can direct bashing in a thread, we can keep it here, and not in other threads.