BACK IN THE FOLD!

Hey everyone!

It has been about 12 years since I have last seen a DCI show, but last year I just happened to come across an ad for the semifinals show playing at my local movie theatre. I am back! I can't believe how much I have missed either being involved or seeing the shows. I remember the first drum corps show I ever saw; 1988 Drum Beauty in Minneapolis. I was totally blown away.

I was a drummer in my high school marching band, and due to many of our seeing that show, we emulated everything we did on those drum and bugle corps like the Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment!

I don't think my parents would have let me join drum corps in high school, which looking back is pretty sad. I have a three year old son now, and if that is something he wants to do, I will be the proudest parent in the world. When I was in college, I played drums for the sports band at St. Cloud State University (MN) and one of my drumming buddies was a bass drum player for the Dubuque Colts. He encouraged me to come down to a tryout camp. I did, and it was a great experience. I tried out on snare, which judging by the other guys, I had absolutely no right to try. Their talent level was so high, I was just in awe. Consequently, the Colts offered me a spot on their cymbal line, but I can't exactly remember why now, but I didn't join. That is one of the few regrets I have in life. But I can always be a fan! And we have a great senior corps here in Minneapolis (Minnesota Brass, Inc.). Maybe I will join some day.

I am so excited to be back in the fold of fanatacism! I am attending the Midwest Championships in Indianapolis, and I rallied 4 of my old high school buddies (who were also into drum corps back in late 80's, early 90's) and we bought tickets to go to the finals in MADISON!!!

Hope to get to know many of you!

Stop by the Blue Stars souvie booth and say hi. They're back in Div I after over 20 years, too! If you need someone to root for, these kids are busting their bxxxx to show everyone they belong in Div I.... and they are making a great showing.

And welcome back! You may see one of the most exciting years ever!!!!

Stop by the Blue Stars souvie booth and say hi. They're back in Div I after over 20 years, too! If you need someone to root for, these kids are busting their bxxxx to show everyone they belong in Div I.... and they are making a great showing.

And welcome back! You may see one of the most exciting years ever!!!!

Thank you! I definitely will stop by the booth. I have been rooting for the Blue Stars already. I read the article in the LaCrosse? newspaper (from DCI's page) about returning to D1 status, which is very exciting. They are almost our local corps here in Minnesota. I really want to get more involved. I miss drum corps so much!

I have to know you. I played at SCSU and hung out with said Colts drummer.

PM me or something!

Is this Mr. Zajicek from the SCSU sports band and first name starts with "J" originally from Hutch?

and we bought tickets to go to the finals in MADISON!!!

Hope to get to know many of you!

Welcome to Drum Corps Planet. While in Madison, please stop by the DCWorld (newspaper) booth and say "hi."

You mentioned Minnesota Brass. I highly suggest that you contact this excellent all-age corps. You are fortunate to have two other entertaining corps in Minnesota as well, Govenaires and Chops, Inc. Go to http://dcacorps.org , click "Corps" on the bottom right to contact MBI, Chops or Govies, or most all of the all-age competing corps.

Nice post. Enjoy your shows this year ! If you can find the time, join an All Age Corps like the Minnesota Brass ( or anyone ! ) You'll have terrific marching memories in Drum Corps and make new friends that'll last you a lifetime.

Edited by X DM

• 2 weeks later...

you would probably be better of "cutting your teeth" with chops or govenaires. its been a long time since youve played and you need to get back"in the groo :) ve"