Columbia, MO Review

if my sig, screen name, and fleur-de-lis logo weren't shown, I highly doubt you'd be able to deduce anything about my allegiances from that review...

:sshh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to create a forum for Madison and Bluecoats fans to bash each other. Every decent thread involving the 2 turns into a flamefest.

Edited by nero14

Actually I just listened to all three shows and from what I heard the Scouts version of incantations sounded more like the Southwind version than the bluecoats version from last year. And this years distorted has some similarities but Bluecoats have obviously used different sections from the pieces than what the scouts used.

Song titles notwithstanding, they are from the same show (Cirque) and they have elements of one another running through each song, so theres bound to be similarities noticed. I was at Lisle and saw Coats and thought the same thing "Hmmm Ive heard this before. Oh Yeah! Scouts did it!" And I am not a great sconsumer of junior corps so it had to be fairly obvious for me to catch it.

I think the general point is that with the quality of hornlines today there is so much more music that can be performed, it seems to be a waste to do something another corps has become known for. Ill NEVER understand Cadets with Young Persons Guide or Appalachian Spring or Malaguena. Or Madison doing old SCV in their Russian show, or Phantom doing Rhapsody in Blue.

#### people....guess who won't be writing a review of the next show he sees???? I'm so sick of the bull #### from people like Nero14....find something better to do than to come on here trying to rip my review apart. If I hadn't received so much positive feedback from others, then I'd feel really bad about speaking my mind. You wanna question my motives, do it in a PM...but what this "review" thread has degraded into is ####### ridiculous.

here's a clue:

don't like it? so what?!?! Am I supposed to change my mind about what I saw? Hardly...so you're wasting your breath...go start another "Bluecoats are the greatest thing since tampons" thread...if it's what you need to make yourself feel better.

that couldnt be farther from the truth- i dont assume anything until i read it- and yes i read it- and it was IMO the most biased review i have read in 2006- you could have said half of the negative things you said about blue and i still would have got that impression--

and what on earth are you trying to say about the last 2 weeks-- here's what i want you to do:

click on your name

go to "profile options"

select "find member's posts"

you go back for two weeks and just read your own words... and PLEASE tell me if you have spent more time and effort discussing ANY OTHER topic then why you dont think the bluecoats show is good or why you dont think it will do well this year...

thats what i did, and i just think its almost comical how devoted you are to that goal- but hey if thats what makes you happy then i'm not here to stop you, i just wanted you to know how transparent your effort was.

and your review- you stand so firmy behind the reasoning that you've been just as hard on the scouts...

maybe you are just referring to your words- but not the actual implication of those words...

when you say "the bluecoats are really clean, but thats bad because it means their show isnt hard enough" and imply that they are going to peak early and do poorly this season... thats ACTUALLY worse than saying "madison is dirty but its because their show is amazing and really difficult and its going to work out great for them by finals!!"... i dont know if you actually knew how that came off... but saying bluecoats are clean because they are marching an easy show (which i have heard refuted by many people at other shows... ) and not because of their visual staff and work ethic is whats known as you slanting the facts to spin your own preferences-- THE CAVALIERS ARE CLEAN!

nobody EVER says its because their show design is weak... they know its because they are the cavaliers!- and when people in the know tell me that the bluecoats are putting their toughest drill on the field- and that it is extreemly ambitious and well written- (by the way- a drill move that LOOKS hard but you think is actually easy- is an example of good drill writing..) and you say its a piece of cake... guess who i'm not going to believe- and if it looks clean- i'm going to be able to tell that its not because of the simplicity of the drill, but because of the ethic of the members and staff--

Sorry, you cannot really compare the Cavaliers to anyone. They are clean because of talent, preparation, and staff. No one, with the exception of Blue Devils and Cadets, are capable of doing even remotely close to the what the Cavaliers do.

You need to learn to read - the review was very objective, and of course, it's the Bloo-backers that are jumping all over the guys case. Why? If he were a bloo backer and raved about the Bluecoats you'd all be praising him for his great review. Not everyone is going to like the Bluecoats - I sure know you all make it hard for me to like them, but I do - I push you all out of my mind when I watch them and enjoy the great product they put out.

I have heard from MANY MANY people that the Bluecoats drill is MUCH easier than Phantom's and Cavies - most people I know have only seen those two and Bluecoats. Again, I heard it, but these are reliable sources. If they are clean now and losing to Cavies - it ain't going to be pretty by season's end!

Edited by gellio

Great review bro!

I really wish i could make it out to see an East Coast show, but it's just a little too far!

But I had a question about what you said in your original review.

What is "Breathing Block"?

And if it worked to make Madison the loudest corps on the field, I'd really like to know what it is so I could possibly use it teaching in the future.

I was just really interested in hearing what exactly it is...

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Great review bro!

I really wish i could make it out to see an East Coast show, but it's just a little too far!

But I had a question about what you said in your original review.

What is "Breathing Block"?

And if it worked to make Madison the loudest corps on the field, I'd really like to know what it is so I could possibly use it teaching in the future.

I was just really interested in hearing what exactly it is...

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'll shoot you a PM explaining it...

it's not a debate...or, at least, it shouldn't be...it was just a review...instead I find myself defending my opinion.