Sevierville, TN

Ok, I've been wondering for ages...

Is "Smoky" and acceptable spelling for "Smokey" in that part of TN? I've stayed at that school on tour 3 or 4 times so far. Never once could I figure that one out.

And please... for the love of God (and corps' members' legs....) relocate the show or level off the crown! lol Anybody else here on these boards ever do 5 to 5 backwards at 186bpm over that thing? I'm having Vietnam-esque flashbacks just thinking about it. :laugh:

All in good fun though. :P Always had a blast at that show- still have my little souvenir mug from 05.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... and nobody played "Rocky Top" even once! :P

There are some things in life that I am thankful for ....

That would be one of them. :P

Ok, I've been wondering for ages...

Is "Smoky" and acceptable spelling for "Smokey" in that part of TN? I've stayed at that school on tour 3 or 4 times so far. Never once could I figure that one out.

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just a short drive away from Sevierville. Great place for hiking and camping, but you have to watch out for the #1 threat to America. Bears! b**bs

... and nobody played "Rocky Top" even once! :P

Back when I was in the POTS Band, someone had one of those hand counters and kept count of how many times we played Rocky Top in '98-'99. Between the main marching band, and both pep bands in football and basketball, I think the count was around 800. The song has been altered from it's original form. The high Eb trumpet parts are gone and the note values have been chopped. :ph34r:

Back when I was in the POTS Band, someone had one of those hand counters and kept count of how many times we played Rocky Top in '98-'99. Between the main marching band, and both pep bands in football and basketball, I think the count was around 800. The song has been altered from it's original form. The high Eb trumpet parts are gone and the note values have been chopped. :ph34r:

When I marched in the POTS in 92 & 93, that number was over 1000. One of the trombones always kept the counter attached to his tuning slide...