If you could. . .

1. Blue Devils 2000...That pit...good lord.

2. Vangaurd 2003

3. Cadets 2000

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - I said SCV 89, although SCV anytime would be good for me, but if I had to go Devils I'd play snare 1980 - Channel One Suite!

psssst... They didn't play Channel One in 80. That would have been in 76, 77, 86, 02

The 80 rep (a classic anyway!)

New York Fantasy / Ya Gotta Try

Pegasus

Free

La Suerte de Los Tontos (from Cuban Fire Suite)

Pauper in Paradise

Dindi

As for me...

Cadets 87

SCV 82

BD 82 (One More Time!) or 88 (the contra book in 88... :lol: )

Suncoast 84

Madison 83

Star 90

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Whatever year Suncoast Sound did "Adventures in Time" by Stan Kenton. I loved that hornline and that book! I believe it was 1986.

Yep... their best show (placement wise) ever, 5th place. Winning field brass didn't suck either.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1987 - I regret not auditioning for the corps that year and waiting until 1989. Talk about classic Santa Clara! This was the last year to date that they won brass.

The Cavaliers (any of their 2000's shows), or SCV 2006 - These are all a close second. I just gotta march that DRILL!!!

92 Star

04 Cavaliers (since when I was a freshman in highschool, I went to my director and said, "the tommorow never dies soundtrack would make a very challenging show." When I saw the 04 show announced I thought, "This is my show...this is going to be in-friggin-credable!") *flashback over*

07 Cavaliers...ageout year....

As a bugler, about any Madison show that played one of their standards (Ballet in Brass, Slaughter, etc.). As a snare drummer I'd pick 1982 Blue Devils. Wouldn't it be great to have a holideck like they had on Star Trek TNG. Every show ever done would be programmed into it. Pick any corp, any year, any version of a show, venue, audience, go on tour. I'd probably never come out.