Huntington, WV (Drums Across the Tri-State) Review

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...that's what I did too, but after I changed it to an .mp3 file, it will not play again. Lesson of the day...don't change the extension.

Try .wav... I think it's a RIFF4bPwav That's what it says in the file... Weird though...

Edited by jjeffeory

see http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11456 for the Cadets take on what happened to them that night, sounds like it was a major malfunction....

From the link ......."Amazing stuff, but kids are kids and live performance is live performance."

Blame it on the kids??????? Oh man. Maybe I read it wrong.

Edited by Jimisback

see http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=11456 for the Cadets take on what happened to them that night, sounds like it was a major malfunction....

Holy Cow. That bites. And on the heels of major electronics malfunctions a few days ago too. That can either be a real morale killer or booster. I hope it's the latter.

Unless something has changed, I thought there were two different female baritone soloists, one in the ballad and one in the closer.

Yes, Jim, the other soloist (don't know her name) plays the very beginning of the ballad, but Lindsey does the rest of the ballad and that "bad-azz" beginning of "Blues in the Night".

Yes, Jim, the other soloist (don't know her name) plays the very beginning of the ballad, but Lindsey does the rest of the ballad and that "bad-azz" beginning of "Blues in the Night".

She's not just a player.... she performs!

And Cadets won anyway?? :blink:

And DCI wants us to think there ain't no "slotting"??? :worthy:

I'm not anti-Cadets by any stretch, but a "victory" with that huge a tear in the performance leaves a lot up to question.

If Phantom had the better performance, then they deserved to win. Hands down.

And Cadets won anyway?? :laugh:

And DCI wants us to think there ain't no "slotting"??? :ph34r:

I'm not anti-Cadets by any stretch, but a "victory" with that huge a tear in the performance leaves a lot up to question.

If Phantom had the better performance, then they deserved to win. Hands down.

Phantom's percussion won over the Cadets by nine tenths...a decisive spread, IMO, in the caption that was the most directly impacted by the problem....three tenths more of a spread than on 6/23.

Plus, the Cadets percussion spread over JSU went from .7 on the 23rd to .2 on the 28th.

I am guessing that the tear may have had something to do with the above.

The tear wasn't obvious to a person that had never seen the show before. It just came off as being a dirty feature. What was obvious was that Cadets had the superior show design and deserved to win that night. This coming from someone who is not exactly the biggest Cadets fan (to put it nicely).

Edited by TSRTS13