Huntington, WV (Drums Across the Tri-State) Review

Nice review. Enjoyed it. Looks like I'm hoping for a BD, Phantom, SCV finish. Nice to read all the good things about Spirit and SW.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tear wasn't obvious to a person that had never seen the show before. It just came off as being a dirty feature. What was obvious was that Cadets had the superior show design and deserved to win that night. This coming from someone who is not exactly the biggest Cadets fan (to put it nicely).

Actually, I didn't notice it, but a good friend of mine who is a band director (and whom I didn't talk to until well after I posted my review) indicated that the tear was HUGE and very obvious. I know next to zero about percussion and I didn't catch it, but I guess lots of people did. This is second hand, so don't blame me, but he said that he observed two groups of snare players that looked almost like they were playing different parts, a guy in the middle somewhere who wasn't playing at all and was just trying to figure out what was going on, and another who was moving his hands as if he were playing, but whose sticks weren't hitting the drumhead. Bad news, I guess.