If DCA were DCI

lately i have been thinking we are like cadets pre 2005, in thyat last year we played music Cadets played in 2000 and thi syear we are playing classic rock (cadets played classic rock in 2004)

Crusaders would be like....? Hmmm not sure....a cross between Velvet Knights and Madison? I don't know.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing you played last year that was done before was your opener

:blink:

MBI is kindof like a cross between Crossmen (music style) and Blue Devils (look, marching, members)

I think that sounds accurate to me. Wish I could see MBI's show this year but I have something else going on the evening of Drum Beauty. I think their energy translates somewhat to Madison Scouts.

NOT CORRECT PLEASE DONT BE IGNORANT, listen to our recording,,, listen to Cadets 2000

The only thing you played last year that was done before was your opener

:blink:

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

Some people can't afford nor have the time for that. Check corpsreps and if it is wrong then tell them to correct it. I saw your show last year and I remember when Capital Brass played that song in 1993.

And while you are at it, watch how you conduct yourself and talk to others in public. It's a reflection of your corps. If you want to name call use the PM.

Edit: The Bushwackers played it, not Capital Brass.

Edited by Skylinersop16

LOL...

Nobody in DCI is even close to a DCA corps except the Scouts once in a while. And those years seem to be gone now that Scott Stewart is no longer their director. He is a huge DCA fan.

DCA corps have their own identities, thank you very much. There are no junior corps like the Cabs, Empire, Bush, Bucs, et al.

Certain corps have borrowed arrangements from arrangers that perhaps did them for a junior corps, such as Brigs with Wayne Downey, but those arrangements were different and their treatment of them was as well. Cabs have also used Downey's charts. When Bucs translate a tune that perhaps Phantom or Vanguard have done, it is not the same arrangement at all. It is an arrangement of a composer that translates to their specific style and becomes unique to them by the arranger's understanding that they are arranging for a DCA corps, hopefully. At least the corps that are successful understand the premise of designing for specific judging criteria and audience appeal.

The Disney Millenium stuff that young Joe was referring to WAS done in 2000 by the Cadets, but my arrangement was totally different than theirs because I was arranging it for a DCA corps with DCA judges and DCA audiences. I also understood the talent level and time constraints of a DCA corps. Therefore it was NOT as difficult by design and effect points were thought out differently to maximize the size and quality of the group. But it had never been done in DCA, and I thought it could have worked well.

Keep DCA like it is, with variety of programming and corps developing and maintaining their own identities!!! That is why more and more people are finding DCA as enjoyable...and in most cases, more enjoyable than DCI shows.

Donny

I think it's MORE of a compliment to the various DCA corps to say that they can stand on their own with a style and personality all their own.

A-muther-effing men. I would have to say, though, that some DCA corps have almost exactly the same unis as the Jr. Corps and I think they should try to have more of their own signature style. There's too many cookie cutter looking corps in DCI. Let's not have tht bleed over to DCA.

Bush played our opener, as Donny mentioned Cadets played our close, trust me i know my show, it makes me mad when people pretend to know a show i marched better than myself

Some people can't afford nor have the time for that. Check corpsreps and if it is wrong then tell them to correct it. I saw your show last year and I remember when Capital Brass played that song in 1993.

And while you are at it, watch how you conduct yourself and talk to others in public. It's a reflection of your corps. If you want to name call use the PM.

Edit: The Bushwackers played it, not Capital Brass.