Longest DCI Corps win strreaks ?

unfortunately Corpsreps doesn't have enough info on the 76-77 Blue Devils or the 79-80 years to figure out the streaks

here's another,

Blue Devils 49 shows

Started 6/24/94

28 shows in 94 (undefeated)

21 shows in 95

Lost at Quartefinals in Buffalo on 8/10/95 to Cavaliers 97.1 - 96.9

They only marched 24 shows in 1995? What a shame! That was a great show, and it deserved more exposure. I'm a huge Cavaliers 1995 fan...it's one of the top 2 or 3 reasons I marched DCI.... but BD 1995 is WAY Bad ###... one of my favorite 3rd place shows EVER.

here's another,

Blue Devils 49 shows

Started 6/24/94

28 shows in 94 (undefeated)

21 shows in 95

Lost at Quartefinals in Buffalo on 8/10/95 to Cavaliers 97.1 - 96.9

That's interesting in that the Cavs ended the Blue Devils consecutive win streak and the Blue Devils later ended the Cavs consecutive win streak. These were 2 great Corps making great runs in that timeframe. 64 consecutive wins is quite a run.

Edited by X DM

unfortunately Corpsreps doesn't have enough info on the 76-77 Blue Devils or the 79-80 years to figure out the streaks

That's a shame. I don't think the Blue Devils won 64 straight in that timeframe though. But they did win quite a few in a row back in that timeframe I seem to recall.

Longest Active:

The Academy - 20 consecutive wins dating back to 2004

They've never lost!

Didn't Vanguard's drumline have a 70 some-odd show run in the 70s?

Their drumline was VERY good in the early to mid 70's, that's for sure. But something tells me they were beaten a time or two before they could make a lengthy consecutive win streak in the 70 range. But I could be wrong on this.

Edited by X DM

Pioneer was undefeated in div II for the entire 94, 95, and 96 season until II/III finals in 96. Les Etoiles won div II finals in 96 by around .2

With the numerous DCM shows that there were at the time I am sure this was a pretty decent number of shows. Acadamie Musicale did score higher than Pioneer at II/III finals in 95 but they were div III.

Mike Z

Pioneer 94-98

I had no #!@?in' idea to be honest with you, but I did remember that Blue Devils were undefeated in 1988 until Madison Scouts (the "dark horse") won finals in Kansas City. And the lottery system that determined performance order that year sucked. But it certainly made things interesting.

:blink: