Crossmen/Cascades

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. So we all know that Seattle Cascades aren't really from Seattle and that Crossmen are sponsored by YEA. :blink:

When do these corps (and Kiwanis Kavaliers and Troopers, for that matter), actually take the field? And, once you throw the Crossmen and Seattle Cascades into the mix, where do you think they'll finish?

Okay. So we all know that Seattle Cascades aren't really from Seattle and that Crossmen are sponsored by YEA. :blink:

When do these corps (and Kiwanis Kavaliers and Troopers, for that matter), actually take the field? And, once you throw the Crossmen and Seattle Cascades into the mix, where do you think they'll finish?

I don't know anything about the Crossmen but I heard the Cascades are making a strong push towards Saturday in Madison again, and that their brass sound very good.

Edited by Phantom007

Well first off Kiwanis and Troop aren't fielding a corps this year.

Seattle is definately going to be a dark horse this year. No one has said a word about them on this board and their rep isn't even up on corpsreps.com. I went to a couple of their rehearsals this past week and I know I'm biased but their show this year is leaps and bounds above anything they have ever performed before. It is the most aggressive, dark, mature show that this corps has attempted and i'll tell you it is effective. Each of the captions enjoyed a strong vet return rate(I believe all the snares are back from last year). The percussion section are far better and are playing much more beats than last year. The hornline is fairly young but they can produce a dark mature sound. The high brass is on fire and actually over power the low brass at times but I'm sure in time it will equal out into a balanced sound. The drill moves really fast and hauls (there is a lot of jazz running). This show will be a force and has the potential to get back into the top 12. I can't wait to see were they come out on Friday night and I can't wait to see them next week when they come through the NW!!

Most of the different corps have their schedules posted on their websites, and it is no different for the Seattle Cascades. The format is just a bit different than in previous years, but it also lists their housing as well when known. I know that a few of us have heard some of the sound bytes from the Cascades from their Memorial Day camp and a few video feeds in bits and pieces and they were great. Definitely a dark horse - and yes, it will be very interesting to see how they place tomorrow!

Why are Scades and X men still rehearsing and not performing?

bones were supposed to perform a couple days ago right, but it was rained out or something.

it's just kind of weird to only have six weeks of shows rather than 8...

not being accusational, just curious

Crossmen were indeed rained out on Monday (all part of the severe storms along the East Coast since the weekend). They did get to perform their show's music, but not the visuals.

So opening night is tonight at Westminster, MD. I know they're anxious to do their show and get their season really going.

Saw Crossmen at Mon stand-still in Chesapeake. Horn line has quite a few real young looking members. They also had some significant feedback from the amps...

We sure did...and the reason was, because of the threat of rain we used Long Rangers to get the vocal sound out to the audience. Our real sound system will be out tonight in Westminster and I hope you guys can come out and make some noise for the BONES!

We sure did...and the reason was, because of the threat of rain we used Long Rangers to get the vocal sound out to the audience. Our real sound system will be out tonight in Westminster and I hope you guys can come out and make some noise for the BONES!

Best of luck to you. Y'all were probably 2nd loudest (Phantom #1) on Monday, not the best tone quality, but loud.