Ingenious

I just heard some clips of the Cadets ballad for the first time... One word... Genious. Why haven't more corps used a solo vocalist with beautiful brass chords? It makes perfect sense, and I think more corps should jump on the bandwagon. GENIOUS!

Final Thoughts: Cadets ballad = 2006 Champs

Who the heck in their right mind would want tohear some novice . amateur singer cover up a potential world class, top of the line brass line at a drum and bugle corps show. I want to hear and feel the emotion of the music and the people creating that music, not some singer emoting and accompanying the rest of the ensemble. Drum corps has never been about individuality, its been about unity, soloists or not, stil werent stars, just part of the ensemble. Singing, with a microphone, in a drum corps show, in favlor of brass ??? No way.

~G~

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ineffective means "not effective" why does ingenius mean genius?

Sorry - just went off at a tangent there..... Back now.

Who the heck in their right mind would want tohear some novice . amateur singer cover up a potential world class, top of the line brass line at a drum and bugle corps show. I want to hear and feel the emotion of the music and the people creating that music, not some singer emoting and accompanying the rest of the ensemble. Drum corps has never been about individuality, its been about unity, soloists or not, stil werent stars, just part of the ensemble. Singing, with a microphone, in a drum corps show, in favlor of brass ??? No way.

~G~

To me it kinda reduces the drum corps to being "the backup band".

To me it kinda reduces the drum corps to being "the backup band".

I'll agree with that one

You make a good point. The Cavaliers playing jazz convincingly is like the Cubs winning a game, it doesn't happen very often.

Ummm... yeah ok... I will politely disagree here. *bites tongue*

about the cubs or the cavies?

:)

haha... the Cavies. The Cubs part was pretty true. :P

~G~

I think I've found a new best friend. :blink:

Is it time for me to say I was being sarcastic yet?