Interesting Color Guard Scores:

1st - The Cadets - 16.5

2nd - Carolina Crown - 15.4

3rd - CROSSMEN - 15.2

4th - Boston - 14.9

5th - Phantom - 14.7

6th - Spirit of JSU - 13.7

7th - The Magic - 11.6

Way to go Crossmen...especially for their first show!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is Cadets year in drums - give it time / they are putting together a very difficult program - its a little fuzzy right now (but it will be in focus soon)

I dunno.... they've got quite a ways to go.... in not too much time. 5-6 weeks? It's like...wow.... a lot of room to grow, I guess.

well just because its hard and fast...doesnt mean its good. a good drill writer like um...mike gaines for example, will draw your eye to where the focus "should be" oh and um thats right..it will have seamless integration...none of which was apparent in this, or last years cadets productions.

flame if you want...but most educated people already know this to be true.

I like to think of myself as educated, and I don't know what your are talking about. I think you just don't like the Cadets. Last year's Cadets drill was hard and amazingly well written. The drill drew your attention to all the right places, to all the key elements in the show, and it was entertaining to watch.

Personally, I think your comment is uneducated. Not your opinion on the Cadets shows of the past 2 years. That I could care less about, but your final remarks are unecessary and assume a knowledge you don't have.

Jonathan

I like to think of myself as educated, and I don't know what your are talking about. I think you just don't like the Cadets. Last year's Cadets drill was hard and amazingly well written. The drill drew your attention to all the right places, to all the key elements in the show, and it was entertaining to watch.

Personally, I think your comment is uneducated. Not your opinion on the Cadets shows of the past 2 years. That I could care less about, but your final remarks are unecessary and assume a knowledge you don't have.

Jonathan

There are many uneducated comments being made about the Cadets. I saw the Cadets last night. I will admit I was a bit skeptical about the Cadets because of some of the negative reviews I've been reading. Let me tell you this corps is on fire! :blink: They were the only corps last evening that received an enthustiastic standing ovation. This is one of the most well conceived and entertaining shows I've seen in years! Their drumline is just off the charts. They have some performance issues at this point (I guess that is why Phantom is outscoring them?????), but they have so much more demand and variety of sound than Phantom. Phantom plays very well but is very bland and un-interesting. Don't believe the negative hype going arround about the Cadets, it is pure nonsense, this corps is really good and so is the show. Good luck to the Bluecoats (I know you are a big fan from you posts), I hear they have something special also! How about Cadets and Bluecoats 1 and 2 this year, sounds pretty cool!

It's nice to hear someone review the Cadets show in a positive manner. Can't wait to see them, but I am also pulling for the Bluecoats to knock them off in the end. Hey, I really want is a championship for Bloooooooooo! :) Is that too much to ask for?

Jonathan

It's nice to hear someone review the Cadets show in a positive manner. Can't wait to see them, but I am also pulling for the Bluecoats to knock them off in the end. Hey, I really want is a championship for Bloooooooooo! :) Is that too much to ask for?

Jonathan

Thank you for your kind words! No, a championship is not to much to ask for, best of luck!

Have the Bluecoats ever beaten the Cadets ?

No, they have never beaten the Cadets. Remember last year? They were pretty close in June, and this conversation was pretty ripe. They once came close in 1988, but when it counted (in KC), Cadets were up by 9.4.

Just that this would be considered a huge upset. I'd be shocked to see the Cadets fall all the way from Defending Champion to falling behind the Bluecoats. But we'll just have to see.

I read that as, "The Cadets would REALLY have to be HORRIBLE to be beaten by the Bluecoats!" I have seen neither show, but I'd still bet my paycheck that Cadets' demand is MUCH higher and has much more room to grow. That's just based upon the design teams from both units.

Jonathan

Really last year the cadets drill was amazingly well written...heres something for you...why dont you send me a photograph..yea i'll make it easy, send a picture of the colorguard integrated into the corps proper..just once, im sure i wont get one, and i wont wait either, because that never happened in that show! Sorry im not trying to make you seem ignorant, but the truth is the truth, nothing gainst the cadets, i always like watching really talented people perform, but thats about it.