Photographer Moe Knox

Attention All DCA'ers;

I am working on an article for publication on the venerable DCI Photographer -- Moe Knox. I would like to get some quotes from those of you that have known Moe. Would like funny stories, quips, or events that you feel should be a part of a celebration of this long time drum corps photographer.

This is a man I have known about in all my time in drum corps. He has been a staple at the front sidelines and has a pictorial history of the drum corps activity second to none in the world.

I would like to capture what folks think of the man and to relate to the world what this man's contribution to the drum corps activity.

So, if you have a story to tell, please send them to me as soon as possible. My deadline for a completed article is this Saturday.

Please send your response to williamthorpe@designstravel.com

Thanks in advance for your assistance to this undertaking.

Regards,

bump.

It was wonderful to see Moe Knox and David Rice at the Dover, NJ, show working their camera magic.

So many years, so many photos by Moe. Folks need to spend more time at Moe's booth. So many times I've asked questions like, "What do you have from '94?...'99?...'03? Moe would say, "Check this out." It would be photos I wanted. Thanks for your Moe tribute, Bill. I look forward to it. Moe deserves this and more, but he sure can be contrary.

Edited by CozyChopsCom
  • Like 1

bump.

It was wonderful to see Moe Knox and David Rice at the Dover, NJ, show working their camera magic.

So many years, so many photos by Moe. Folks need to spend more time at Moe's booth. So many times I've asked questions like, "What do you have from '94?...'99?...'03? Moe would say, "Check this out." It would be photos I wanted. Thanks for your Moe tribute, Bill. I look forward to it. Moe deserves this and more, but he sure can be contrary.

Besides Moe being the Drum Corps Icon that he is......most people do not know that Moe is also a Shriner and devotes his "spare time" to driving kids and their family to the Shriners Orthopedic hospital in Springfield Mass, and the Shriners Childrens Burns Hospital in Boston.

Jim Ormiston

Park City Pride :rock::rock::rock:

• Like 1

MOE TOOK SOME AWESOME PICS OF ME ....OVER THE YEARS AND YES SOME OF THEM EVEN MADE DCN ...HE HAS DONE YEOMANS WORK FOR THE SHRINERS ...HE IS WORTHY IN MY BOOK IN ALL STANDARDS

• Like 1

I would love to see Moe inducted into the Hall of Fame !

He has such a love of what he is doing and it really shows in the photos. Nobody can compete with his photos.

I recently emailed him looking for a picture of my brother telling him what years he marched and that he played bari... and a general description on him...low and behold a few days later in my mailbox, I have a letter and a photo sheet...and they were of my brother !

You don't meet many people these days who would take the time and effort do to that for someone. THANKS MOE !!!!

• Like 1

I concur, he should be in the hall of fame. Back in the day all you had before

Fleetwood was Moe Knox and Stetson D. Richmond. We're still buying his photos,

and Stetson records now under the name of The Beat Goes On as put out by Drum Corps

World. Maybe they both sure be in.

• Like 1

Moe Know is definately an east coast legend and Icon. He would be at all the competitions in the area, no matter what corps circuit you were involved taking pictures of all the corps that competed. I know I have some moe knox photos from my years marching with the Cranford Patriots. He is a truly a person that deserves drum corps hall of fame status!!!

• Like 1

Moe Know is definately an east coast legend and Icon. He would be at all the competitions in the area, no matter what corps circuit you were involved taking pictures of all the corps that competed. I know I have some moe knox photos from my years marching with the Cranford Patriots. He is a truly a person that deserves drum corps hall of fame status!!!

:rock: Moe and I go back some 30 years, in the drum corps circle, and also in the naval ships, as we both worked on the U.S.S. NEW JERSEY, and we both sailed on the John Brown, out of the Harbor of Balitmore. also we both have been involved with the rail road.

Also as we all know Moe has been doing photo's of drum corps since the late 50's.

My wife and I had asked Moe to do some our wedding photo's, and also he did a very wonderful video for us. When our Miss Elizabeth was born, Moe was there to be one of the first ones to take her photo, and to put in Drum Corps World.

This leads me to a story the only a few know.

Just after 9-11, Moe was on his way home from a drum corps show, in New Jersey.

As Moe was driving on Rt.6, over the Bear Mountain (New York State) a New York State Trooper pulled Moe over.

Now this is just after 9-11, and he asked Moe what was he filming, as Moe has a camcorder set up to record his travels.

Moe tryed to explay that he does this so that some day he will get that great event on tape, and send it to tv show, of the news

The Trooper then told Moe to turn it off and put it away, in witch Moe did.

Any time that you call Moe at home, ask him if he has any ice cream, as Moe loves his ice cream.

Also as Director of the Ambasadors of New York have had the great pleasure of have Moe march as my senior color guard captain, in 3 parades, the the corps did over the 4 of July, a few years ago.

I for one think that Mr M should be in the Hall of Fame, as he has the history of drum corps in his photos.

and what better man to in :rock: shrine in the Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

Attention All DCA'ers;

I am working on an article for publication on the venerable DCI Photographer -- Moe Knox. I would like to get some quotes from those of you that have known Moe. Would like funny stories, quips, or events that you feel should be a part of a celebration of this long time drum corps photographer.

This is a man I have known about in all my time in drum corps. He has been a staple at the front sidelines and has a pictorial history of the drum corps activity second to none in the world.

I would like to capture what folks think of the man and to relate to the world what this man's contribution to the drum corps activity.

So, if you have a story to tell, please send them to me as soon as possible. My deadline for a completed article is this Saturday.

Please send your response to williamthorpe@designstravel.com

Thanks in advance for your assistance to this undertaking.

Regards,

In the mid-70s, my drum corps buddies and I would just yell, "Moe Knox!" out of the blue. We knew the name from his photo credits in Drum Corps News. That was the cue for all of us to immediately strike the perfect "high mark time" pose we often saw in Moe's photos there. We would hold the pose until one of us fell over.

:beer: Moe Knox!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

• Like 1