1982 scott johnson snare solo

when you say not so impressive...how much of that has to do with the fact (as it says in the blurb next to the vid) that he picked up some sticks and this is the first thing he played?

If that is true, then I would say he heard and learned that in the 1st 15 seconds pf playing. That's why he took command and did what he did. Sometimes you do good things with bad tools cause they just fit the mood. Amazing. i would still question his ability to play legato, under external control, for any lenght of time. ('not the califori way?).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok..i have no clue hahah like somebody else in this thread said...im just a horn player....but it still sounds incredible to me. plus i dont think anybody else could do it with such a great looking mullet like scojo did. haha

yEP!

in the pantheon of great corps snare drummers, how good is he?

really, really, REALLY good...

It may sound the same to non-drummers as other great snare drummers in that league, and that's fine. But it's the little stuff that would

take too long to explain to anyone who hasn't started from quarter note taps with right and left hands, and building from that over years and years

up to controlled triple stroke bouncing rolls, and having those sound clean and controlled with separation and definition.

He does other stuff in there, like the tapping on one stick with the other to produce a rolling sound, that is pretty impressive.

My favorite part was when the amped vocals came in

:spit:

:rock:

:o

:tic:

Holy suffering butt blisters......

b**bs