Ryan......

Great job Friday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMS-LA was a great success.

LMS-LA 2?!?!?!

I think that's a question for Lee.

Thanks for the kind words about the Jazz Band and Dream!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryan,

Great job on the mic friday nite. Really enjoyed mtg you. As I was preparing for my snare solo back stage, I thought the MC (you) had a background in broadcast journalism. Good voice projection with a commanding presence. Nice suit too, was that Armani?

See you on the downstroke.............Earl Brown

Nice suit too, was that Armani?

ARMANI?!?!?! Uhhhhh...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...it was an Armani....yeah...THAT'S THE TICKET!! ($1 to my buddy Jon Lovitz)

Try Walmart Special... :worthy:

Earl...you were AMAZING...really...and thoroughly enjoyed meeting you too!!

Make it an all drum corps show and what do you get? An audience full of drum corps folks, the same drum corps folks that go to all the other drum corps shows. Make it a show where there are other acts and what do you get? A bunch of opportunities for "love at first site".

Makes you wonder, which drumcorps member was brought into the activity by Eddie the Rat? :P

VERY VERY awesome review Lee...very cool!

VERY VERY awesome review Lee...very cool!

Thanks to Ryan, Lee et al. for your reviews. I was totally impressed by LMS L.A., even more so than LMS 7. It is beyond description to stand in the midst of the Renegades on a stage. It makes one want to play loud, high, face-ripping notes. It was fantastic to view the skill of SoCal Dream and the passion of the Kingsmen Alumni. RCR later at the shows topped the Cali cake. The dedication of all the all-age corps I encountered is inspiring!

Best of luck to one and all the rest of this season.

Great meeting you Cozy...your enthusiasm makes Charlie Groh look like a zombie by comparison! (Side note--I think I'll pay for that comment). Anyway...so the question du jour of the moment right now out here in southern California is this...

What the #### is up with your glasses?? Please explain yourself. IMMEDIATELY. Because it's hip in a sort of disturbing yet entertaining yet endearing way. We're not sure if you're part cyborg or someone glued something to your frames.

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

All the acts were great. The ones I saw and I'm sure the ones I didn't.

Might I make a suggestion tho? Because it was difficult to FIND THS even with the map/arial picture given. The stage was tiny and had difficulty finding another place to change after the venue. I was lucky that there was a custodian who let me into the men's room in the boys gym.

Anyway, not to be too biased, but might I suggest my high school auditorium? Excelsior in Norwalk is right off the 91 and has a huge stage. I think it was just a few feet short of Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in LA. A mini corps could almost do some drill on it. It also seats like 3018 people. At least that's what I think I read from the seating chart when I went there. There's also plenty of parking across Alondra from the school, and plenty of spaces around the campus for warm-ups,etc. just like at THS.

Just my .02 anyway.

Phil