Indianapolis IN review

That may be because the vocals in Capital's show are not in English. I believe the song is influenced by indiginous Central/South American melodies and rhythms, so they are singing something from one of those cultures. Just take it as music – the way we do opera in languages other than English. If anyone out there knows more specifics about where the music quoted in the Philip Glass piece comes from, please chime in.

Thanks for pointing that out, However it still was barely audible. If it had been clearer I may have been able to pick up on that. I think the show works fine without the singing. I felt the first section, Work, was the weakest (not that it was bad or anything) in terms of design, perhaps if they had gone with an industrial, factory type worker instead of the Businessman/woman, office type it might of been stronger. The Rest and Play sections were great and had a much stronger impact from a characterization point of view. I thnk this was the first time seeing Captal Live. I was very impressed and really enjoyed the show. looking forward to the DVD's, this one will definitely get plenty of playing time at my house

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also of note: The amplified voice came through loud and clear through Season Pass...

May have been, but from my vantage point live, in the upper deck, it was a total wash.

Actually, there was one vocal bit that I could make out- the part in Blue Stars' show where the whole corps is singing, without the mikes.

Thanks for pointing that out, However it still was barely audible. If it had been clearer I may have been able to pick up on that.

I'm starting to think it's also an issue with the kind of mic they're using for it. The first night I saw it, as I said previously, the mics didn't work (nobody's did, not just CapReg). The second night, they worked but the group singing were dancing side to side and one voice would suddenly pop out louder than the others as she passed in the directional range of the mic.. and it wasn't consistent.. that tells me they're using directional mics -- typically used for this kind of performance so it doesn't pick up ambient sound.. but not as well utilized unless the mic is directly on the performer.. with the mics on a stand so high above them, they have to either move less and all direct their voices into the range of the mics or they need to lower the mics.. OR.. they need to use a different style mic altogether.

Stef

"Where are we?" (to which I responded, "On a football field!")

One last thing- if anybody gets the APD and laughs at (or is put off by) the yell of "Pizza!" as the girl goes through the door- you know who to thank for that. B)

Nice Review. Maybe these things you said might pop up now at other shows or finals... :rock:

Nice Review. Maybe these things you said might pop up now at other shows or finals... :rock:

To original poster-Matt I will look at your review the same way you looked at Cadets show, HERE IT IS, AFTER 1ST STATEMENT- CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

To original poster-Matt I will look at your review the same way you looked at Cadets show, HERE IT IS, AFTER 1ST STATEMENT- CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

exactly - shouting "Pizza!" before the horns and brass play a single note speaks volumes about inherent prejudice

Cadets could cure cancer as a ballad and walk on water during the percussion break and some people would still give them a bad review. :P

Thanks for the great review Matt, this is the first one I've read all summer and you did not disapoint. I thought it was a very unbiased opinion and that you did a great job. I wish I could see Memphis Sound this year..they sound smoking..:).

Thanks for the great review Matt, this is the first one I've read all summer and you did not disapoint. I thought it was a very unbiased opinion and that you did a great job. I wish I could see Memphis Sound this year..they sound smoking..:).

Matt I would not flatter yourself, most of these people that have said "GREAT REVIEW" are Cadets haters. I can gauarantee you had you not bashed them,and given them a fair and unbiased review, your review would have gone UNOTICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this show numerous times, I don't need your so called review. I know how cool this show is. They are the only corps I have seen this yr. that does something different. :huh:

Then why did you read the review?

Matt I would not flatter yourself, most of these people that have said "GREAT REVIEW" are Cadets haters. I can gauarantee you had you not bashed them,and given them a fair and unbiased review, your review would have gone UNOTICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this show numerous times, I don't need your so called review. I know how cool this show is. They are the only corps I have seen this yr. that does something different. :huh:

Classy, classy, classy ! Are you the latest "BORG" recruit ? Have you earned your stripes yet ? Maybe with this post you just might have. "Cadet haters" LOL...you havent a clue. ANd do you even know the kind of person Matt is ? For you to say "dont flatter yourself" just labels you the kind of person that I am adding to my "igonre" list today......

~G~