Indianapolis IN review

Classy, classy, classy ! Are you the latest "BORG" recruit ? Have you earned your stripes yet ? Maybe with this post you just might have. "Cadet haters" LOL...you havent a clue. ANd do you even know the kind of person Matt is ? For you to say "dont flatter yourself" just labels you the kind of person that I am adding to my "igonre" list today......

~G~

Oh you do like to label people don't you (especially if they disagree with you) TALK ABOUT CLUELESS. I have got a label for you oh forget it you are not worh it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <**>

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I still think "Pizza's here!" fits better "

Galen...Sorry, but I read the pizza comment wrong. Your quote from the "Dani, No!!" thread cleared it up. I thought you were yelling pizza in regards to it's time to go get pizza b/c you couldn't watch the show any longer. My mistake.

Or maybe the Cadets show just doesn't work for everyone the way it does for you. That doesn't mean anyone's 'right' or 'wrong', it's just different taste.

I would have a tendency to agree on the 'sequel' aspect ; there are very few times when a sequel to a successful movie, book, etc, lives up to the original. There's a lot of talent on the field with Cadets, but it might over-assume the popularity of the '05 show to think that the audiences were desirous of 'more.'

(btw, if they'd simply give Alice a baton to twirl during her opening dancing sequence in the front, they could actually do TWO years worth of sequeling... :P )

Just to play the Devils Advocate on this "sequelitis " of the Cadets show being a hindrance to a DCI Title,... in '88, SCV did Phantom of the Opera and then pretty much did the identical musical rendition of Phantom of the Opera the next year in '89, And won the DCI Title with that "sequel " in '89.

Just to play the Devils Advocate on this "sequelitis " of the Cadets show being a hindrance to a DCI Title,... in '88, SCV did Phantom of the Opera and then pretty much did the identical musical rendition of Phantom of the Opera the next year in '89, And won the DCI Title with that "sequel " in '89.

How is it a sequal ? It was the same story, retooled, refined and remastered.

~G~

OR - anyone from same said borg complaining when in 1996 the audience yelled "Beef!" at the end of the Rodeo section of the Cadets show.

Or "Mambo!" in '94.

Or "Whadamaneuvah!" all the times that's been yelled...

Can anyone tell me why they are jumping off the tables?????

The corps members might just be attempting to commit suicide over the thought of having to perform the "Alice in ####"

show again. Unfortunately, the other corps members are there to save them by catching the jumpers. Those Pink Picnic Tables are quite funny to watch as they are moved around the field during the show. I think the Cadets should look into

getting a movie deal similar to the "Music Man" genre. The Cadets 2006 show is much closer to BOA type material than Drum Corps material (As previously noted). Hopkins might have a Band Fetish that he can't quite shake free from. I

personally wouldn't yell out comments during a corps show, but this is America and freedom of speech is a protected right regardless of your distaste for the actual comments.

Matt I would not flatter yourself, most of these people that have said "GREAT REVIEW" are Cadets haters. I can gauarantee you had you not bashed them,and given them a fair and unbiased review, your review would have gone UNOTICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this show numerous times, I don't need your so called review. I know how cool this show is. They are the only corps I have seen this yr. that does something different. :lol:

Who are you to tell me I'm a Cadet hater? And why did you decide to quote me? :worthy::lol: I'm not actually, I just haven't liked the shows they've put out the last couple of years. But I did like the Jethro tull show they did.

It just amazes me on this forum how if you don't like a show a corps puts out you are labeled a "hater"...WHATEVER... <**> And I don't think Matt bashed them at all..not from some of the other reviews I've seen.

Who are you to tell me I'm a Cadet hater? And why did you decide to quote me? :worthy::lol: I'm not actually, I just haven't liked the shows they've put out the last couple of years. But I did like the Jethro tull show they did.

It just amazes me on this forum how if you don't like a show a corps puts out you are labeled a "hater"...WHATEVER... <**> And I don't think Matt bashed them at all..not from some of the other reviews I've seen.

She did say "most of these people "...not everyone... :)

I MUCH preferred last year to the Tull show, which is one of their weaker efforts for me.

Different strokes...as they say!

yeah - and I thought that one SUCKED - but I didn't bash it in 20 different threads like some (not you) are doing about this years Cadets show.