DCI-Indianapolis

Ok, just home from Indy show. First off, I hate that Cavaliers got such a bad draw. They went on like 5 before the end of the show and blue devils were on last. Only commenting on top 3 due to time.

Blue Devils........... I do like thier show this year. The concept is working and they are the corps. to do this show. The drumline is playing some serious notes. The main problem I had is that his show is just loud the entire time. I like loud as much as anyone, but there needs to be some down moments to contrast. It was blowing your face off for 10 minutes.

Cavaliers........... They have the best total package in terms of design this summer. Their drumline is not playing as many notes as blue devils, but I do dig the style change and what they are doing. They are solid in all aspects and had the biggest and most crowd resonse of the night. This show is entertaining and of quality. They guard is very good and love the uniforms.

Cadets............. Whether you like the singing, characters, or not.....that isn't the main problem with this show. There is just too many things thrown together and going on at the same time to make sense. Is the show a continuation of last season and a "Part II" or is it "Alice and Wonderland"???????? I feel like they can't make up their mind on a theme and are trying to do both themes stated above. They need to pick one or the other and not mix them. I would not get the theme if I didn't see them last year or didn't already know about the show. There were too many props, colors, charcters, etc. It was an overload on the field.

Overall opinions:

I wish Cavaliers would have gone on later in the show so the top three could have been side by side. I think Cavaliers have the strongest show design and see them passing BD in general effect. Cavaliers have to keep cleaning and put their real ending on soon. Blue devils need to add some dynamics to make their show more effective. I picked Cavaliers to win the show based on design. I see them passing BD.

Edited by hornline

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just home from Indy show. First off, I hate that Cavaliers got such a bad draw. They went on like 5 before the end of the show and blue devils were on last. Only commenting on top 3 due to time.

Blue Devils........... I do like thier show this year. The concept is working and they are the corps. to do this show. The drumline is playing some serious notes. The main problem I had is that his show is just loud the entire time. I like loud as much as anyone, but there needs to be some down moments to contrast. It was blowing your face off for 10 minutes.

Cavaliers........... They have the best total package in terms of design this summer. Their drumline is not playing as many notes as blue devils, but I do dig the style change and what they are doing. They are solid in all aspects and had the biggest and most crowd resonse of the night. This show is entertaining and of quality. They guard is very good and love the uniforms.

Cadets............. Whether you like the singing, characters, or not.....that isn't the main problem with this show. There is just too many things thrown together and going on at the same time to make sense. Is the show a continuation of last season and a "Part II" or is it "Alice and Wonderland"???????? I feel like they can't make up their mind on a theme and are trying to do both themes stated above. They need to pick one or the other and not mix them. I would not get the theme if I didn't see them last year or didn't already know about the show. There were too many props, colors, charcters, etc. It was an overload on the field.

Overall opinions:

I wish Cavaliers would have gone on later in the show so the top three could have been side by side. I think Cavaliers have the strongest show design and see them passing BD in general effect. Cavaliers have to keep cleaning and put their real ending on soon. Blue devils need to add some dynamics to make their show more effective. I picked Cavaliers to win the show based on design. I see them passing BD.

I just got back (four hour ride to Kalamazoo=extremely tired and ornery). My thoughts were that I LOVED both Cavies and BD. I viewed BD as being extremely dirty visually but had probably the strongest musicicality. Cavies have a great package, with lots to watch, and a great theme to keep things interesting. I can definititely see this as being a 2003 with a corps passing up the other, or being extremely close. I didn't think 2003 BD was very visually entertaining, much like this show, so I am going to go with if BD takes it in the end, it will be on a slim margin. Cadets show, aside from all the nonsense on the field, put on an enjoyable show. They probably won't make it past 3rd come finals, but you never know (right?). I must head to bed, for it is 4:26. hope all enjoyed the show if you were there, or if you were able to catch it on Season Pass. Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time before bed to give us your thoughts guys !!

Can anyone tell me some thoughts on the colorguards ?? I see BD ahead by five tenths. Its early for sure, but thats a pretty big margin and I heard tyhis is their best ensemble offering in many years..true ?? or not !

~G~

Thanks for taking the time before bed to give us your thoughts guys !!

Can anyone tell me some thoughts on the colorguards ?? I see BD ahead by five tenths. Its early for sure, but thats a pretty big margin and I heard tyhis is their best ensemble offering in many years..true ?? or not !

~G~

I wouldn't base ANYTHING on the scoring in that caption last night :rock:

Overall opinions:

Thanks for your thoughts.

As for the Cadets. If you have seen or read Alice in Wonderland then you'll know that in Alice's world, things don't make sense and are often out of the ordinary.

I would compare this more closely to the 04 season... with BD edging out Cavs just a bit in Indy... Cavs winning in SA... and Cavs taking it all at the end.. :) We shall see soon enough.

Okay, I am awake now and ready to take on the pressures of DCP :P Last nights show was an increadible one. Things are going to be extremely close all across the board, for there are 15 outstanding shows that keep the crowd into it. To comment on the colorguards, as George put it, I wouldn't base anything off of the scores. BD seemed to be more dirty than the Cavaliers, but obviously the judges saw it different from what I saw. In my own opinion Cavies had the best guard out there, with BD and Cadets close behind.

how did Crown's drill look...I saw them on their opening night and it was dirty as expected. I'm sure its much cleaner now and want some feedback.

how did Crown's drill look...I saw them on their opening night and it was dirty as expected. I'm sure its much cleaner now and want some feedback.

Hopefully someone else can answer this, I was in row 9 and could only hear and see the individual members marching style. :P

Thanks for your thoughts.

As for the Cadets. If you have seen or read Alice in Wonderland then you'll know that in Alice's world, things don't make sense and are often out of the ordinary.

Well the writers of Alice in Wonderland were brilliant....whereas the designers of the 2006 Cadets are idiots. Big difference.