DCI-Indianapolis

how did Crown's drill look...I saw them on their opening night and it was dirty as expected. I'm sure its much cleaner now and want some feedback.

They have cleaned up a ton. There are still a lot of issues with all the feetwork, poses, and the body shifting back and forth to clean, but it's coming along nicely. Crown was fantastic last night!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have cleaned up a ton. There are still a lot of issues with all the feetwork, poses, and the body shifting back and forth to clean, but it's coming along nicely. Crown was fantastic last night!

Hey Tim,

I hope your daughter was surprised and thrilled to see her dad!

Stef

I was on the 50 last night about 20 rows up......Cavaliers, as mentioned before, have a show that will continue to grow exponentially, the amount of difficulty is definately mind boggling..... BD has no dynamic change towards the last half of the show, no horizontal alignment in the phrasing, loud loud loud..... The drill for BD isnt too dirty...actually very clean for this time of the year...but that worries me because they may plateau within the next 2-3weeks.......IF BD could fit that amazing brass sound into a drill package like the cavaliers, they would be difficult to match....although im not sure if BD could handle a Cavies drill design with their current marching technique.......

Blue Coats will turn some heads this year, most definately....I see Blue Coats fighting for 1st place this year.....They have a great visual package, great guard, and the Brass is finishing all thoughts and ideas in phrasing and articulation....Great competition this year in the top 20! Solid shows...cant wait!

B.Davis

I was on the 50 last night about 20 rows up......Cavaliers, as mentioned before, have a show that will continue to grow exponentially, the amount of difficulty is definately mind boggling..... BD has no dynamic change towards the last half of the show, no horizontal alignment in the phrasing, loud loud loud..... The drill for BD isnt too dirty...actually very clean for this time of the year...but that worries me because they may plateau within the next 2-3weeks.......IF BD could fit that amazing brass sound into a drill package like the cavaliers, they would be difficult to match....although im not sure if BD could handle a Cavies drill design with their current marching technique.......

Blue Coats will turn some heads this year, most definately....I see Blue Coats fighting for 1st place this year.....They have a great visual package, great guard, and the Brass is finishing all thoughts and ideas in phrasing and articulation....Great competition this year in the top 20! Solid shows...cant wait!

B.Davis

1st place? :huh:

Sure........well, potential means nothing without hardwork, but the Bluecoats have the platform to take them where they want to be...I see you marched Colts....They surprised me last night! Great show design, great balanced brass sound....

Huh???

Are you saying that BD's marching technique could not handle Cavies drill?

Sure, it could handle it, but it would sacrifice musicality most definately

Huh???

Are you saying that BD's marching technique could not handle Cavies drill?

That's how I interpreted it... I disagree though, for the record. B)

I can definitely see Bluecoats fighting for first in the not so distant future (and winning a title), but this year is going to be extremely tough with the Cavies and BD putting out extraordinary shows.

It seems to me that up until the mid 90s, corps sacrificed musicality for marching design, or marching design for musicality.... I feel that the Cavaliers have bridged that gap through introduction of a good marching technique....Just my opinion :)