DCI-Indianapolis

That's how I interpreted it... I disagree though, for the record. B)

Judging by the performance I saw first hand last night, The bluecoats should be taken seriously...but then again, consistency is key when it comes to top 5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the performance I saw first hand last night, The bluecoats should be taken seriously...but then again, consistency is key when it comes to top 5

They will be taken seriously....They are performing too well not to be.... top three better watch out

A BlueCoats win (or even second) would be great for DCI

But musicality has nothing to do with BD being able to march cavies drill. If cavies can march cavies drill with their technique and sound great than I am sure that BD could as well.

Youre right, Musicality doesnt have anything to do with drill, but it has much to do with technique and execution of technique which leads me to believe that BD couldnt pull off a cavies drill package with the sound that they produce with a standard BD drill pacakage.....

Hey Tim,

I hope your daughter was surprised and thrilled to see her dad!

Stef

Yeah she was surprised. When I pulled into Indianapolis, Blue Stars busses were entering the highway. It was just too funny. I pulled along side her bus, then called her on her cell phone. We talked for a few minutes, then I told her to look out of the bus to the highway thinking she'd see me. Well, it turns out she changed busses, so I was along side the wrong bus, but she figured out I was there and freaked out. She was just thrilled to have me there, especially with the care package of money and clothes and such. She was not expecting to see me until next weekend in Denver, so the early visit was great. But that was a long weekend of driving - DC to Indy and back - I'm beat. But it was worth it!

Youre right, Musicality doesnt have anything to do with drill, but it has much to do with technique and execution of technique which leads me to believe that BD couldnt pull off a cavies drill package with the sound that they produce with a standard BD drill pacakage.....

I have to disagree here as well. BD has always been one of the best technically marching corps out there and their drill (IMHO) has nothing to do with it...just great teaching methinks. As a friend of mine put it, BD doesn't do drill like everyone else, so sometimes they may be chastised for it.

Perhaps it is because BD actually has drill that is written to music and doesn't let the music be sacrificed for the visual?

Dunno.....my 2 cents.

Perhaps it is because BD actually has drill that is written to music and doesn't let the music be sacrificed for the visual?

Is it any better if the visual is sacrificed for the music?

I guess I am just not understanding what it is you are saying. So let me rephrase my original response:

BD's techniue is just as good if not better than the cavies technique. And their execution of technique is just as good if not better than cavies. So why would they not be able to perform cavies drill?

If you were to say that BD members could not learn 200 pages of drill like cavies have than that might be a good arguement. If you are saying that BD's staff could not teach 200 pages of drill than that might be a good arguement. If you were to say that Jay Murphy could not write 200 pages of effective drill like Gaines than that probably would be accurate. BUT, to say their marching technique and execution does not allow them to perform the drill that the cavies than that could not be farher from the truth.

I have to disagree here as well. BD has always been one of the best technically marching corps out there and their drill (IMHO) has nothing to do with it...just great teaching methinks. As a friend of mine put it, BD doesn't do drill like everyone else, so sometimes they may be chastised for it.

Dunno.....my 2 cents.

I agree

Edited by 90'sMelloguy

I guess I am just not understanding what it is you are saying. So let me rephrase my original response:

BD's techniue is just as good if not better than the cavies technique. And their execution of technique is just as good if not better than cavies. So why would they not be able to perform cavies drill?

If you were to say that BD members could not learn 200 pages of drill like cavies have than that might be a good arguement. If you are saying that BD's staff could not teach 200 pages of drill than that might be a good arguement. If you were to say that Jay Murphy could not write 200 pages of effective drill like Gaines than that probably would be accurate. BUT, to say their marching technique and execution does not allow them to perform the drill that the cavies than that could not be farher from the truth.

Well put. :)