DCI-Indianapolis

Is it any better if the visual is sacrificed for the music?

I understand you...I feel you brother. I guess i'm just a fan of melodic lines that actually last longer than 4 counts that develop and allow the drill to develop with it. I like to go away from a show humming a tune, something that is becoming harder and harder to do lately.

Peace Out!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you ....even with the picture of Fat Phil holding donuts ( I am a huge UT fan and I hate Phil Fulmer more than anything on this earth...Great recruiter, but a terrible football coach)

LOL...thanks. I got this one on a Gator message board and thought it was hilarious. When i was at the UF-UT game this past season, i was sitting near some UT fans that kept yelling at him and calling him "Phyllis"...i spit out my coke!

b**bs

not exactly the "open mind" you claim you were going to carry into finals week. :P

George.

You asked me to keep an open mind on this show, and I have.

I think the kids are executing a strangely designed show very well.

I, as many others have already said, there are way too many things going on to keep the show cohesive.

If they will tone down the antics, and clean what they have after taht, they could contend.

If they don't, I just can't see this show winning and frankly, could get passed by a couple of other surprise corps.

I like this show, just make the needed changes now.

How was that for fair and balanced?

Sure, it could handle it, but it would sacrifice musicality most definately

That same technique from Todd Ryan didn't seem to hurt Star's musicality all that much.