My Indy Recap

Wow Matt, what a great, well written review! Nice job looking forward to reading more from you!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice review! I'm glad you got to check out Minnesota Brass. As a former member, I can tell you that the drill is designed for middle-aged people who rehearse once or twice a week. With the relatively light rehearsal schedule it would be very difficult to clean DCI Div 1 level drill by finals. It doesn't mean the corps members themselves couldn't pull it off- a majority of the corps has top 12 DCI experience.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. This was the first senior corps I had ever seen live, so my comments were coming from someone who was curious. :)

I saw them in Rockford also and still have no clue what they were saying, or maybe we aren't suppose to understand it.

well yes and no. they are all actually saying different lines. this is done to portray the restaraunt scene. it supposed to sound like a bunch of clatter until they speak in unison with "luca brasi...sleeps with the fishes" and "vito, vito, vito". just think of the sounds of a public place and that is what they were going for. or at least thats how i took it.?

well yes and no. they are all actually saying different lines. this is done to portray the restaraunt scene. it supposed to sound like a bunch of clatter until they speak in unison with "luca brasi...sleeps with the fishes" and "vito, vito, vito". just think of the sounds of a public place and that is what they were going for. or at least thats how i took it.?

Clatter is perfect way to describe it and I did pick out the "vito"

So it’s on to the show. Thanks to fellow DCP’er Michael LaJoice (LaSqueegee) I was able to purchase tickets right on the fifty, and 31 rows up. It was a pretty great spot, horns were pointed right at me, and I was high enough up that I could make out most all of the drill. I’d always sat in the upper deck, and while that’s okay if you can sit close to the edge, the lower deck is vastly superior to the upper when it comes to experiencing the music.

Great review! I was sitting on the 50 in the lower deck in row 28. 3 stinking rows away, and I didn't even know it. Too bad - would have liked to have said hello.

Too bad I didn't take any pictures this year. I'd probably end up with quite a few with you in them. :P