My Indy Recap

Six pages worth of review in MS Word, and all anyone wants to talk about is how fast MBI moved. :P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice review, Matt! Made for a very enjoyable read.

Harvey

Great review Maedhros... which will of course open you up to flames. I would even say you'd make a good writer for drum corps world! ^OO^ :worthy:

Edited by headbox

How fast you're moving isn't just the tempo of the music-- it's the overall step-sizes required, too.

Not that I've seen some of the shows/corps being discussed, but I just wanted to point out that it's possible to have your tempo be 180, 190, whatever and still not be moving very fast.

Ok well you are right, but we also had demanding drill. let me just say it was tougher drill then when I finished in 11th place in 1987 and 1988. also at one point in our show our bassline came down field at about a 5 to 5 step size and then went immediately crossfield while playing our bass solo. And keep in mind that when a bass line comes upfield we are all crab stepping. at that step size we were actually leaving our feet during the move.

So anyway, that’s my review. ...

Nice review, but sorry, this "mush bag" dome is NOT a drum corps venue ... I prefer to hear the music the WAY IT IS PLAYED!

Thank goodness the new stadium will have a retractible roof instead of a BALLOON.

Sympathies to all who must play there ..., and particularly to the Band kids who come away with the idea that this is what music SHOULD sound like.

Great review. Your take on all the corps was fair and balanced, even with Cadets. Glad you like Bluecoats so much. It is great to see them doing what they are doing. Not many of the non-traditional powers have ever pushed into the top 3 or 4, at least for now. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Do the devils still mumble alot in their show? that was the one part that threw me off when i saw them in Cali.

Edited by CUDAKITE

Do the devils still mumble alot in their show? that was the one part that threw me off when i saw them in Cali.

Yes!!! And it was really frustrating in the Dome. I still have no clue what they were saying.

Nice review, but sorry, this "mush bag" dome is NOT a drum corps venue ... I prefer to hear the music the WAY IT IS PLAYED!

Thank goodness the new stadium will have a retractible roof instead of a BALLOON.

Sympathies to all who must play there ..., and particularly to the Band kids who come away with the idea that this is what music SHOULD sound like.

Wow! Sounds like some built-up aggression there. :P

I think there's a huge difference sitting in the lower deck versus the upper. Yeah, you still get some echo, but it's the kind you get from having empty concrete, like you would backfield in any show. I'll be at Battle Creek next weekend, and let you know if there's still a difference.

Thanks for a negative review of the Cadets show that doesn't only harp on their use of vocals and amplifications. Your comments were right on.