BD Tops Cavies in Stillwater

DIVISION I

1 Blue Devils 86.080

2 The Cavaliers 85.500

3 Blue Stars 73.800

Last two to perform (vs 5th last and last). Two days for Cavies to clean. Somewhat less time for BD with a show last night. Same spread.

In any case .. this will be a tight race to finals, not to mention PR! Cadets -- listen to the audio feature on dci.org. Even the drum major struggles to talk about the show. "well .. its kinda .. sorta .. kinda like..." Announcing characters for their show. Ugh.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days for Cavies to clean.

Not quite on the "two days" part. While Cavies didn't have a show yesterday, Sunday was their day to be part of the annual Rosemont village celebration. The gig is relatively easy, but it means that the afternoon is spent entertaining their home community, not working on the show.

In any case, these two corps are gonna keep after each other all summer long, which is good for everyone. With over a month left in the season, lots of things are bound to develop.

The recaps are up, and they are screwed up, especially percussion. By my calculations BD should have a 85.9 and the Cavies a 85.25. Blue Stars would have a 73.5

Yeah Cavies and BD meet up yet again tomorrow

Then not until San Antonio do they see each other

Edited by Huntington Mallets

Weird seeing the Cavies beating BD by such a large margin in Brass. Can't wait to hear their show since the last APD I heard of the Cavies. I really like it.

Is BD's score reflective of lack of demand, or are they just not performing it quite to the excellence we're used to yet? Any thoughts from people who have seen the two corps recently?

Weird seeing the Cavies beating BD by such a large margin in Brass. Can't wait to hear their show since the last APD I heard of the Cavies. I really like it.

Is BD's score reflective of lack of demand, or are they just not performing it quite to the excellence we're used to yet? Any thoughts from people who have seen the two corps recently?

It could be that maybe there was no brass judge at the show. I also don't understand the perc. scoring since the recaps indicate there were two judges at the show but only one set of scores were listed.

It could be that maybe there was no brass judge at the show. I also don't understand the perc. scoring since the recaps indicate there were two judges at the show but only one set of scores were listed.

The recap I am looking at has the right headers..

Paul McGarr is a brass judge. Andy Poor did music ensemble. Neither of them judge percussion.

The recap I am looking at has the right headers..

Paul McGarr is a brass judge. Andy Poor did music ensemble. Neither of them judge percussion.

ok...so where does the total scores come from? BD 86.08? I add up 85.90. Cavaliers 85.500..i add up 85.25.