Old Madison Scout new to DCP

Well said on all counts Mike.

Congratulations on doing the Alumni Corps. I am very happy for all of you that have a chance to do this!

MYNWA

Mike,

You have a great perspective on this activity. I totally agree with you. I have only been around since 1975 - you have me beat by 2 years! Sal gave me inspiration early on. I remember attending a BOA contest and he invited me to talk to him and then to a Scouts rehearsal. This was quite some time ago!

We definately have more serious things to worry about in the world today than bashing a particular corps production, uniform design, staff, etc.

Gary

Really liked your message. Well said. The last part about supporting the Madison Alumni Corps (last 8 lines or so) can also really be applied to any corps at any level.

Thanks!

Edited by gcsbaribc

Well said on all counts Mike.

Congratulations on doing the Alumni Corps. I am very happy for all of you that have a chance to do this!

MYNWA

Roark, Hopefully you'll be in Madison so we can have a beer at the Stadium bar

(wear your groucho glasses so I recognize you).

One thing the typ. players from your era said when they strapped on a bass drum at the first alumni camp was

"man these things are way heavier than the tympanis were". Of course there is no one is in the bass drum

line that carried a BIG tymp. If I remember we marched parades while you guys played tag football with the Kilties tymps

Mike