Old Madison Scout new to DCP

I've been reading things on here for awhile so I thought I'd say a few things.

First of I'd like to say hi to old friends (brothers) I see on here that I marched with back in the day

(Roark, Guerno, Pearsony) and all those I'm marching with now in the 2006 Scouts Alumni corps.

Second off I started marching 40 years ago and I love drum corps but I feel people get way too

carried away with loving this corps and hating this corps, boycotting DCI etc.

My god 1000's of people in the world are starving to death and dying of aids, soldiers and innocent people

getting killed in Iraq and Afganistan every day. Just put things in perspective! Drum Corps is one of the best,

if not THE best, youth activities in this country. It shaped who I am as a man and a person and taught me how to

work at something as hard as you can and the rewards from both winning and loosing as it has for countless people

sounding off on DCP on a regular basis.

I do have some of the same negative feelings about the drum corps product today as I read about on DCP i.e. most

shows are pretty vanilla and some belong in the State Fair circuit with "Up With People" BUT I will always support

the young men in women marching and the staffs and design teams who work with them. They're all giving their best

to this activity with countless hours of sweat and toil. Sit back and enjoy. If you don't like a corps don't belittle them,

do what I do, go have a beer while they're on. Lighten up a bit and support the corps you DO like in any way you can

(then double it) instead of getting so worked up about a corps you don't like. There are plenty of problems in the world

where you can funnel that energy.

By the way for those scouts alumni jumping all over Sal & his staff because you don't like the 2006 product.

Keep it in the family, go talk to Sal or the design team directly if you're man enough but DO NOT TEAR

DOWN THE SCOUTS IN PUBLIC!!! If you wouldn't berate you're blood family on a public forum don't berate the

the great family we are members of either.

There's my 2 cents.

Hey everyone come see the Scouts Alumni Corps on Aug. 9th @ Memorial H.S. in Madison or @ Prelims Aug. 11th.

We may have a lot of geezers like me but you may be surprised at the quality of the product. We've all been working

our collective butts off. I'll be the oldest marching drumline member carrying the biggest bass drum.

Goodday! Bass5 Welcome to DCP:In that Enjoy thy stay.

drumspiritTerrance

I've been reading things on here for awhile so I thought I'd say a few things.

First of I'd like to say hi to old friends (brothers) I see on here that I marched with back in the day

(Roark, Guerno, Pearsony) and all those I'm marching with now in the 2006 Scouts Alumni corps.

Second off I started marching 40 years ago and I love drum corps but I feel people get way too

carried away with loving this corps and hating this corps, boycotting DCI etc.

My god 1000's of people in the world are starving to death and dying of aids, soldiers and innocent people

getting killed in Iraq and Afganistan every day. Just put things in perspective! Drum Corps is one of the best,

if not THE best, youth activities in this country. It shaped who I am as a man and a person and taught me how to

work at something as hard as you can and the rewards from both winning and loosing as it has for countless people

sounding off on DCP on a regular basis.

I do have some of the same negative feelings about the drum corps product today as I read about on DCP i.e. most

shows are pretty vanilla and some belong in the State Fair circuit with "Up With People" BUT I will always support

the young men in women marching and the staffs and design teams who work with them. They're all giving their best

to this activity with countless hours of sweat and toil. Sit back and enjoy. If you don't like a corps don't belittle them,

do what I do, go have a beer while they're on. Lighten up a bit and support the corps you DO like in any way you can

(then double it) instead of getting so worked up about a corps you don't like. There are plenty of problems in the world

where you can funnel that energy.

By the way for those scouts alumni jumping all over Sal & his staff because you don't like the 2006 product.

Keep it in the family, go talk to Sal or the design team directly if you're man enough but DO NOT TEAR

DOWN THE SCOUTS IN PUBLIC!!! If you wouldn't berate you're blood family on a public forum don't berate the

the great family we are members of either.

There's my 2 cents.

Hey everyone come see the Scouts Alumni Corps on Aug. 9th @ Memorial H.S. in Madison or @ Prelims Aug. 11th.

We may have a lot of geezers like me but you may be surprised at the quality of the product. We've all been working

our collective butts off. I'll be the oldest marching drumline member carrying the biggest bass drum.

well said,,thank you.....i very critical of what drumcirps has evoled to.alot of things i do't like, but i am a dated dinasor

"Mom of Madison Scout" sounds like you're a very proud parent! I hope you'll be able to see your son march this summer

(I'm assuming he's a current Scout). My mother was never able to see me in a show when I marched with the scouts years

ago but she's 82 now and she'll be at Camp Randall on Aug. 11th to see me march in the Madison Scout Alumni corps.

Its one of the many reasons I decided to march in the Alumni Corps.

Edited by bass5

How cool! I hope I'll still be able to go to stadiums when I'm 82!

Yes, my husband and I are both proud of our son - he's a good guy and has never been a moments trouble (unless you consider trouble to be driving for hours to watch him in an 11 minute show!) :P

We took his girlfriend with us to the Columbia, MO show and we're all three planning to go to the Dallas show. Hubby and I already have our tickets for all three nights of finals, so we'll get to see you and the rest of the alumni corps perform. We're really looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to DCP, and thanks for playing in two of my favorite Scouts shows.