Corporate Corps Names

After reading the editorial about the "Show of Shows," in the last sentence where it says "U.S. Cellular Regiment," it got me thinking, what would be the new drum corps names, if corporations bought the naming rights? I am curious what your suggestions would be. Here's the deal, atleast one word has to be in the new name, from the current name of the corps. Also, what would be a possible promotion? The idea is that where the corps are from and what corporations are near there, should go hand-in-hand. This is all for fun, folks.

1. Starbucks Cascades (Seattle cascades) - Half-off on any Starbucks Latte, when you attend a show that the cascades perform in)

2. The Spirit of Hooters - Imagine the color guard outfits in the same outfits as you see the Hooters' waitresses in. Get a dozen wings free, when you purchase a bucket of 911 wings.

3. Walt Disney Magic (someone else's idea, but I think that is a lock on that name)

4. The Goodyear Coats (Bluecoats) - Free alignment with a purchase of new goodyear tires, in a city where the coats perform this summer.

5. The Monster Devils (Blue Devils) - Not sure of the promotion here, but remember when 3COM Park (Candlestick) was named Monster.dom park? Is it still named that?

Just a few thoughts so far.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Sox Crusaders?

(for Boston)

Bigger question: What corps does Yamaha® buy in this? :P

Yamato, you only have to change 2 letters...

nice and cheap

i already started this exact thread ^0^ :worthy: lol

under your alter-ego bdkappasig?

The Depends Snowbirds Senior Corps - St. Petersburg, FL

Corps slogan: "Because you've got a lotta marchin' to do!" :)

After reading the editorial about the "Show of Shows," in the last sentence where it says "U.S. Cellular Regiment," it got me thinking, what would be the new drum corps names, if corporations bought the naming rights? I am curious what your suggestions would be. Here's the deal, atleast one word has to be in the new name, from the current name of the corps. Also, what would be a possible promotion? The idea is that where the corps are from and what corporations are near there, should go hand-in-hand. This is all for fun, folks.

1. Starbucks Cascades (Seattle cascades) - Half-off on any Starbucks Latte, when you attend a show that the cascades perform in)

2. The Spirit of Hooters - Imagine the color guard outfits in the same outfits as you see the Hooters' waitresses in. Get a dozen wings free, when you purchase a bucket of 911 wings.

3. Walt Disney Magic (someone else's idea, but I think that is a lock on that name)

4. The Goodyear Coats (Bluecoats) - Free alignment with a purchase of new goodyear tires, in a city where the coats perform this summer.

5. The Monster Devils (Blue Devils) - Not sure of the promotion here, but remember when 3COM Park (Candlestick) was named Monster.dom park? Is it still named that?

Just a few thoughts so far.

Well, back in the day there was a senior corps called the "Ballantyne Brewers".......they were sponsered by Ballantyne Brewery of Newark NJ...

Triple Forte

How about...

Libby Glassmen

Dodge Colts or

Devil Mountain Brewery Blue Devils

The story... A friend of mine and I lived in LA were bummed that BD wasn't going to tour southern California in 1994, so we roadtripped up to a show in Concord. At some point, we stopped by a liquor store in Concord and found a beer in the fridge called "Devil," with the blue label below (hopefully I did the photo link correctly). We were impressed that the Blue Devils had their own beer!

I understand that Devil Mountain Brewery in Benicia (close to Concord) doesn't exist anymore, but we always thought it would be a great sponsor for the corps. :P For those of you who don't know, many things in that area of northern California are named "devil" or "diablo" in Spanish, which is likely where the Blue Devils got their name.

MountainDevilRailroadAle.jpg