What is good to know for an audition?

I am planning on trying out at Spartans for the 2007 season on baritone or contra. Can anyone tell me what they look for out of these instruments. I have been playing or about 6 years now and am wondering what would be good to know. I am a very multi talented individual, and i am just wondering whats the best plan of attack.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be afriad. Just go and don't worry about making the cut or not. You'll get a good experience either way. Good luck!

Don't be afriad. Just go and don't worry about making the cut or not. You'll get a good experience either way. Good luck!

Thank you very much. Mabye im letting it bother me because its my next to last year to march and it is one of my dreams to wear that uniform.

Take that fear and use it to your advantage. I marched Bluecoats last year and not this one... alot of reasons I wont go into. I was one of the worse players on their bari line last year. My friend also told me that the bari line this year is ALOT better than last year. Its the summer and auditions are in November, you have plenty of time to get better at your horn-if you are dedicated. I've been practicing so much that the world might implode if I stop.

What are they looking for? They can take you for a number of reasons into the corps. Your musical audition can get you in. If you show the corps that you are really involved in the rehearsal they may choose you. If you are in really good shape and march like a god they may choose you.

Best bet: have all of that and you should make it, but pretty much at auditions all they look for is musical talent.

If you really want to march, then you will march somewhere. Is it that you want to march anywhere, or just with the Spartans?

It's good to know the music.

It's good to know how to play an instrument.

er....

I play like everything

4 years of snare

4 years of tenors

4 years of basses and cymbals

6 years of trombone and baritone

4 years of bass guitar

i fluently read music and i havent really stopped playing horns until i graduated and i am lacking a horn. But any luck my current corps Atlantic Guardian will let me borrow one of our baris so i can brush up again.

If you really want to march, then you will march somewhere. Is it that you want to march anywhere, or just with the Spartans?

I will march anywhere that is wiling to take me. My dream though is the Spartans

I play like everything

4 years of snare

4 years of tenors

4 years of basses and cymbals

6 years of trombone and baritone

4 years of bass guitar

i fluently read music and i havent really stopped playing horns until i graduated and i am lacking a horn. But any luck my current corps Atlantic Guardian will let me borrow one of our baris so i can brush up again.

I was kidding. :rock:

Here's a plug for Capital Sound. I am a little biased but you can't beat the affordability of dues and the level of instruction you get. It is pretty cool to put on the uniform. Chicks dig it.