I have a dream!

I had a dream last night about The Bluecoats. This fine corps happens to be the one that I marched for last season. I didn't even try out this year... mostly because I got my braces off the weekend before the november camp and I couldn't even play an F. I've missed marching so much for this summer that I've even been dreaming of drum corps.

Last night my dream was that Blue won this year. Dreaming of your corps winning only seems awesome if you are a member of your corps. This dream actually made me really sad. The night before I had a dream that I got to Southwestern Championships late and missed watching Blue perform. Another sad dream for me.

Who else out there dreams of drum corps? Tell me what your dreams were, if you so happen to be one of those people.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have corps dreams intermittenly...none come to mind at the moment, but I know I enjoy every minute of them!

EDIT: Whenever a marching season started, I also always had the "I'm on the field and can't find my set during the show" nightmare. Anyone else?

Edited by Gentleman Marcher

Ugh... drum corps dreams are terrible during the summer. Though I guess it's more what goes through my mind right before I fall asleep more than the dreams. I hear visual techs explaining exercises we're going to be doing and the management explaining what the schedule is, etc. Usually when I dream it's about waking up... which really pisses me off, because I think that I'm awake when I'm really not.

It's just so hard to not think about corps during the summer when you're there all the time.

I've also had the I cant find my set dream. The setting is usually the finals performance though haha. I've also had a dream where I had to sight read drill during a major performance... while playing my bari. That was actually kinda fun.

when I was on tour

my dreams were constantly tormented by the constant clicking of a Dr. Beat or a woodblock

I will have a dream once in about every five blue moons where I'm just catching the finals broadcast...seems like the corps are bigger and haul some serious ###...

Don't really remember anything musically

Had a dream back in the early 90's that bluecoats won DCI with a show based on 42nd Street, complete with tap dancing etc..... wierd dream but hope they take it someday soon.

Sometimes I have dreams that I am marching with corps that I always wanted to march with, but never am I marching a show. One I was in the Blue Devils, I was getting on the bus and we were heading to the next show. In another one I was in Capital Regiment and I asked if they had a trumpet hole while they were warming up for a show, they said yes and I wtarted warming up with them, got a uniform went onto the field with them and stood there, then I woke up. My most recent dream I was on the field with a corps (dont know which) and the field we were on was my college's stadium and all my friends were in attendence and going nuts when I nailed a high note on the last chord of our show.

I like my drum corps dreams, they kind of make me want to get out there and march.

Had a dream back in the early 90's that bluecoats won DCI with a show based on 42nd Street, complete with tap dancing etc..... wierd dream but hope they take it someday soon.

Whoah... I had the same dream...

haha, just kidding. :P

Back when I marched I think I ate something (not corps food) that really disagreed with me, then that night I had a dream that the visual staff was making us do this exercise over and over and over again, in some sort of triangular form, and it really sucked. Then I woke up, and threw up.