Online Drum Corps Radio Station

Let's not forget that SP members can stream *every* finalist show, and there are playlists for every year...

Now, if I didn't already have *every* finalist show on my iPod... :D

Whenever I'm bored at home, I've always just put on Diceman Radio, I saw this station a week or so ago but I thought it was just bootleg recordings. Now I know better. I wish when you listened to the stations through iTunes that you can get it to display who is current playing.

My iTunes does display who is playing - it is scrolling across in the window at the top of the screen

How do you get it to work? I click PLAY and it brings up the new window, but nothing plays.

Hey, I saw on your site that it says that it was probably the only broadcast drum corps radio show, but up until 2003, on monday nights (?) Matt Mingle ran Drum Corps Radio through the University of Delaware.

At the time, we were the only radio station (we knew of) playing drum corps on the radio. At the time. It doesn't surprise me too much that someone else had done it before. Someone ought to be doing it all the time. And I mean broadcast radio, not exclusively webcast (even though a good portion of my listeners -- say, six out of eight! -- were probably listening to the Internet stream and not the radio). We're only a 200kw station, but if every college radio station had a weekly drum corps show, you'd be able to hear drum corps on the radio practically everywhere.

How do you get it to work? I click PLAY and it brings up the new window, but nothing plays.

Hey, that is my radio station :) ... I am glad people like it.

To get it to work, you must have broadband. My station is CD quality which will only work with broadband. Diceman has an outstanding Live365 station too -- and you can get it with dialup. And since through LIVE365 we pay the broadcasting fees, it is legal!

It will play through most browsers, you can download the LIVE 365 player (it costs a few dollars) or even become a LIVE365 VIP member (a few dollars a month) and get better quality and no commercials.

If none of that works, download iTunes and it will play through iTunes. But I wanted to keep the quality high, so it is broadband only.

Thanks to all who have listened and sent emails. Don't forget Diceman's station -- lots of the great older stuff on his station and it is great (and different from mine -- I listen to his station from time to time for the variation!).

Jim

Hey, that is my radio station :) ... I am glad people like it.

To get it to work, you must have broadband. My station is CD quality which will only work with broadband. Diceman has an outstanding Live365 station too -- and you can get it with dialup. And since through LIVE365 we pay the broadcasting fees, it is legal!

It will play through most browsers, you can download the LIVE 365 player (it costs a few dollars) or even become a LIVE365 VIP member (a few dollars a month) and get better quality and no commercials.

If none of that works, download iTunes and it will play through iTunes. But I wanted to keep the quality high, so it is broadband only.

Thanks to all who have listened and sent emails. Don't forget Diceman's station -- lots of the great older stuff on his station and it is great (and different from mine -- I listen to his station from time to time for the variation!).

Jim

I do have DSL, but I can't get it to play, in itunes, windows media player, or otherwise. With WMP, it just sits there and shows what is currently playing (in the real365 skin). With itunes, it says Connecting to URL, and then when that leaves, nothing happens. Any help here?

I do have DSL, but I can't get it to play, in itunes, windows media player, or otherwise. With WMP, it just sits there and shows what is currently playing (in the real365 skin). With itunes, it says Connecting to URL, and then when that leaves, nothing happens. Any help here?

Hmm .... strange. I have it playing right now. Go here: http://www.live365.com/downloads/radio365-win/ and download the Live365 player (there is a free trial) and see if that works. If not, then you have a problem with a firewall, cookies, virus protection, or something strange. Live365 has a forum and you can ask there ( http://forums.live365.com/ ). I have a Mac and therefore I am not much help troubleshooting an PC.

Jim