Beginnings

Hi there. Just joined the list and thought I'd say hi. I'm 54, marched with both the Seattle Thunderbirds and Shamrocks from '64 until '69. Both corps are now defunct and the Seattle Cacades are sort of a weak relation to both those corps. I've been watching the scores so far this year and it absolutely looks like it's going to be a very, very nice year. Both the T-birds and Shamrocks were very good corps that just couldn't quite get over what was then the "nationals" hump. Shamrocks drum line always sucked and the Thunderbirds horn line was mediocre. My fav corps? Phantom. Before that it was the Bridgeman and 27th Lancers. One of the things that bothers me about corps these days? The lack of any hint of the zaniness that made the Bridgeman the most entertaining corps in history (imo, of course). They were a corps that worried less about winning and execution and more about truly connecting in a profound way with its audience. I have missed them ever since the broke up.

An aside: I have posted some tickets on ebay for DCI this year. A dear friend of mine (of 41 years) died recently. He was a drum corp buddy. He had two tickets available, both of which are premium seats on the 50 halfway up. Anyway, his wife won't be going now and needs to sell the tix. I've listed them on ebay for face value, so if anyone is still looking for tix, I'd be happy to help 'em out. I want to sell them as a pair, but would consider letting go of just one.

Once again, so glad to be here and looking forward to discussing all things DC in the future. Cheers, Doug

Welcome to DCP, Shamroch.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Welcome to DCP Shamrock:In that Horse'sPassade.

airabovethegroundTerrance