Jeff,

With a lot of the pictures and banners people put in their sigs that extend the page left or right -- or just take up space or memory on older computers, he may have turned the signature feature off -- that's why he may be calling you by your ID, not your name.

Secondly, I'm not sure what offense you take at any of Chuck's comments. He was critical without being sugary.. his critique is obviously based on things he not only KNOWS but things he PRACTICES and TEACHES.. I've heard judges tapes that are far worse than anything he said.. and based on the way he said it, the only way to "say it nicer" as you've suggested is to sugarcoat it and turn it PC.

Let's just, in the interest of moving forward, say that you disagree with him and not nitpick how he said it.

He said it. Lots of us who read it found no objection in the things he said -- even the more critical of his words. I suspect the LAST guy who needs an "education" in how to give a critique is probably Chuck Naffier.

Stef

I don't know why you feel the need to reply for Chuck Steph, but it's very annoying, even if you do have good points. Not trying to start a fight, but I wasn't talking to you.

Hi Jeff,

I understand your points. My apologies for missing your name the first time.

Happy to hear about the lack of wrath. :P

I don't know who Simon Cowell is.

I never said "honest truth". I said "honest opinion".

I never said "sugar-coat" in my original review, and did say "un-candy-coated" in my followup.

Just like Charles Barkley said many years ago, I am not a role model, no matter how much weight anyone may or may not attribute to my words. I'm just a guy who spent a long time in the trenches who is now enjoying my time away immensely.

Oh yes, I am the world's nicest guy! :P

What I find mildly interesting is the attention the Crossmen review has generated, yet I was far more "direct" in my assessment of the Seattle Cascades, and received no such reaction -- nor did anyone imply that I have an agenda because of any former involvement with them (I have none). Does anyone else find that just a tad odd?

Finally, I have no crystal ball -- maybe they'll make it. My experience does not make me believe that statement in actual fact, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll be the first one to say it should it happen. Because, from beginning to end, I have nothing emotionally wrapped up in their placement. They are just one of many drum corps, one I've already spent far too much time talking about. So, I'll resist the urge to further qualify my opinions, which I did only out of courtesy.

I look forward to reading other critical (the real meaning of critical) reviews of the remaining shows.

My best to you, Jeff. May we both find what we enjoy in drum corps, and elsewhere!

Chuck Naffier

PS: I choose to refrain from further comment, not out of rudeness or smugness, but because I simply cannot afford to spend any more time on what was, afterall, just my reaction to a single evening of drum corps -- a mere blip on the radar compared to my "real" life, which calls me back even now. Best to all!

Spoken like a true gentleman. I respect that a lot. Thank you for being so accepting (or at least understanding) of my comments. Simon Cowell is the british "gentleman" on American Idol. I completely understand that you don't have time to waste on such a small thing, and I myself have wasted much too much time on it myself. I apologize if I appeared to be the "criticism police". I will now bow out of this conversation, with newfound respect for you, Chuck. (not that I didn't respect you before, lol) Cheers! B)

Edited by Cardman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why you feel the need to reply for Chuck Steph, but it's very annoying, even if you do have good points. Not trying to start a fight, but I wasn't talking to you.

Hmm.. maybe that's because this is a "discussion board" where lots of people participate, respond and interact. FYI -- in case you've misplaced it -- the "private conversation board" can be found in your PM box. If you don't want others involved, you should probably use that feature instead of the public board.

I felt the need to reply, not FOR Chuck, but as part of the conversation.. as for you finding me annoying.. well.. now you know how others feel about your posts.

:)

Have a great rest of the season!

Stef

Hmm.. maybe that's because this is a "discussion board" where lots of people participate, respond and interact. FYI -- in case you've misplaced it -- the "private conversation board" can be found in your PM box. If you don't want others involved, you should probably use that feature instead of the public board.

I felt the need to reply, not FOR Chuck, but as part of the conversation.. as for you finding me annoying.. well.. now you know how others feel about your posts.

:)

Have a great rest of the season!

Stef

Stef,

Your rudeness and smart-### attitude do not surprise me. It is the norm for you. And, when did you take a poll to find out that "others" find my posts annoying? Grow up. By the way, you are now on my ignored list. Have a nice day! :D