Season Pass Thoughts

Improved? Yes

Were the APDs from San Antonio just fine last year? Yes

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intentions with the thought of more coverage is I paid for the subscription because I am unable to attend lots of shows and had hoped to get more of what I was missing, while there is some, I just feel not enough.

Well, if you read the terms and such before you signed up you know that they were only garanteeing 2 shows via live stream. All the ones we've gotten so far have been extras that we're lucky to get. Bottom line is, you knew the terms when you signed up.

Seeing as how I've seen nothing but improvement so far, I have no reason to fear that improvement will stop....slowly but surely

I agree it is a lot better, I meant more the fact of pictures and such, not streams. also I thought it would be better to have APD's from Battle Creek/DATR and Allentown than San Antonio. Just thoughts

I am thankful for any means to see my daughter perform live, when I am unable to attend a show across the country. It has been more than worth my $30.00 investment. I paid more than that for my Cookeville ticket. I think the coverage is outstanding and the live streams have been a very nice "gift" which I did not expect to receive. I was perfectly happy with the coverage last year as well and find that the improvements this year, are FANTASTIC.

As far as wasting my Saturday nights watching a live stream...maybe I am a little different than others out there when I say, I will sit for hours in front of my PC on Saturday, or any other day of the week, for the opportunity to see the corps perform live. I even watch the shows that do not include my favorite corps.

Thank you DCI...I am a satisfied customer. :mellow:

From one Mom to another - I totally agree with you. I wish that something like the live streaming had been available when my son was marching. Instead I had to depend on friends to hear the scores or until the kids were on the bus, or sometimes even the next day to find out how things went for them. When one considers that a ticket to a show generally runs about $25 and that we'll have the opportunity to catch more live streams over the summer than just one - it definitely more than pays for itself. Even now since my son has aged out, I spent some time this weekend in front of the computer screen, hooked up to my nice big monitor and a set of good speakers. While it falls way short of a skin-tingling experience, it also doesn't cost me for parking, concession food, sweat and a hard place to sit, and/or a long walk from the parking lot and back.

It also gives a mom that reassurance that her child is still doing okay - it doesn't matter how old the kids are (Matye - I'd lay odds on it, that if you have the Season Pass that you look for your son as the Blue Stars set up their pit) :)

Like it is made out to be? The San Antonio APDs will have 64 kbps streams of every show. I don't get it... how do you feel misled? I'm a bit dumbfounded...

The Mid-Season CDs DCI used to offer before they offered APDs were almost always of the San Antonio show. This is nothing new, plus it's the first show with all of the Top 12 available to record in one place.

I liked it last year. Like it better this year! I will get it again next year.

I too would like the judges tapes, but agree that they should not be made public until after finals. I do think it would be great for SP to make some of them that are not included on the DVD available to the fans.

This will never happen...and shouldn't.

Yet we get some judges' tapes on the DVDs...the effect judges the first three years..percussion and guard since

When I think of it that way, I guess I don't see why "publicizing" the tapes would hurt..but that's probably just me