Hottest guys in DCI

Hulka! Hulka! Hulka!

hulka.jpg

Edited by Fishbone

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have teased Nikk that on a few occasions, my ex used to think he was the best thing ever in a PR uniform (DM Nikk Pilato). He gets a chuckle out of it, then asks "what video was she watching?" and I say "93 or 94, I cant remember." And he would say, "Oh my gosh, I looked like a drowned rat."

Come to think of it, what happened to Nikk? Did he leave after some of his stuff was taken down?

Elmo Blatch

Perhaps not a drowned rat, but definitely a wet rodent of some kind.

It was the 1994 video. I did NOT look hot. I looked wet. And cold. And tired. That video was shot on Quarterfinals night in Boston, 1994...a few minutes before they canceled the rest of quarterfinals due to rain. I still remember that Kevin Feeney joked that he was going to say -instead of the typical spiel- "My name is Kevin Feeney and I am the drum major for the Madison Scouts....I am cold, and wet...and Finals belongs in Madison."

I'm still around. Don't check DCP as often as I used to...working on my dissertation and on getting a college job. So far, I'm a semifinalist at 2 positions, so I am sure that between the dissertation, the Wind Orchestra tour to CBDNA in Michigan, and interviews, I won't be doing more than a drive-by on DCP for a while.

Hope everyone is well.

Perhaps not a drowned rat, but definitely a wet rodent of some kind.

It was the 1994 video. I did NOT look hot. I looked wet. And cold. And tired. That video was shot on Quarterfinals night in Boston, 1994...a few minutes before they canceled the rest of quarterfinals due to rain. I still remember that Kevin Feeney joked that he was going to say -instead of the typical spiel- "My name is Kevin Feeney and I am the drum major for the Madison Scouts....I am cold, and wet...and Finals belongs in Madison."

I'm still around. Don't check DCP as often as I used to...working on my dissertation and on getting a college job. So far, I'm a semifinalist at 2 positions, so I am sure that between the dissertation, the Wind Orchestra tour to CBDNA in Michigan, and interviews, I won't be doing more than a drive-by on DCP for a while.

Hope everyone is well.

Wait....what '94 video was shot on quarterfinals? I have the VHS's.

Good luck with all that, hope all's well with you too. In your honor, I figure I'd might as well post this. A friend (David Nichols, perhaps you know him) sent me this earlier today, and I enjoyed it immensely.

edit - oh, and if the Madison DM HAD said that, it most definitely would have been hilarious.

Edited by Jared_mello

Nikk,

Good to see you back. How is the dissertation coming? Good luck on your job endeavors!

Elmo Blatch

It's coming along well. It's a transcription of Joseph Schwantner's "New Morning for the World," originally written for Orchestra and Narrator. My transcription is for Wind Orchestra and Narrator. If you're familiar with Schwantner's textures and notational practices, you are probably aware of how difficult an endeavor this is. I'm currently entering the wind and percussion parts first, then I will go back and transcribe the string parts and make adjustments to the winds/percussion as I go. I have entered 52 of 64 pages thus far, so I am in good shape. Some of his notations are just so darned difficult to replicate on Finale.

In addition to that I will be doing a written component, consisting of a study of Schwantner's works for winds, but...I'll probably wait until I am done or mostly done with the transcription to tackle that full-on. I've got a lot of really good material for it already gathered, though, so that portion of it is done. I hope to be finished with it sometime in May or June, and have my Ph.D. by the time I leave here late June or July.