Amplified vocals pulled from Cadets show

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HURRAY!!!

Bishtom,

I don't think that the TEMP is the argument either. I think that everyone is talking from a general standpoint about the scores and the shows. Yes I will agree that it was hotter than the dickens over in the west this past week and being that I marched three years in drum corps, I can say that the temperature does have some effect on your performance, especially when your uniform doesn't breathe much and when you get the #### kicked out of you in that 100 degree weather all day. The amps that are being complained about are being brought up because look at the score statistics and the reviews of shows this year.....the corps that is using the most amplification and unnecessarliy so this year is the corps that should be receiving higher scores at this point in the game. Just my .02

Define "some of the vocals"

I'll believe it when I see it in SA

I'm not a fan of amped vocals.. just to get the out of the way...

BUT one thing I noticed last night during the perucssion breaks was when the characters jump right back in between the audience starts to clap but stops. It happend 3 or 4 times last night. Or however many times they do that during the feature. It's like they want to show appreciation and clap but stop because the dialogue cranks up and they are afraid to clap over it.. kind of awkward feeling...

That might be an issue they are addressing.

I'd like it because I am the SCV Borg.

I'd like Atlantis to be found too. I'm not saying either will happen but I'm not 100% writing it off.

Jim I think we were separated at birth...

...separated by about 30 years and an ocean :P

GO SCV!!!!!!!!

BUT one thing I noticed last night during the perucssion breaks was when the characters jump right back in between the audience starts to clap but stops. It happend 3 or 4 times last night. Or however many times they do that during the feature. It's like they want to show appreciation and clap but stop because the dialogue cranks up and they are afraid to clap over it.. kind of awkward feeling...

Applause points are important. It's too bad they don't get any after their "intro".

...(unintelligable)... the world is revolKSSSHHHHH

CLPthe next big thing is here, but the world seems so unclKSSSHHHHHHH

KSHTistory repeating itse.......

yes - right now its a programming issue / the audience doesn't get a chance to react / interact with the corps until very late in the performance because all the transitions and breaks are filled up with dual-metro work or voices. I believe the opening changes they will make will be aimed at this as well - the first 3 minutes of the show doesn't really draw the crowd in right now and give them time or even enough stuff to react to. I think the crowd wants to like the show - but design / staging issues are keeping that at bay. I hope the changes work because the talent and work ethic of the corps is tremendous and there are a number of wow moments in this show - I love it / hope more will soon.

I noticed that too about there being no applause after the intro. I think it's because the crowd doesn't know how to react...what they saw wasn't necessarily "applause-worthy," so no one wants to look stupid clapping by themselves.

I noticed that too about there being no applause after the intro. I think it's because the crowd doesn't know how to react...what they saw wasn't necessarily "applause-worthy," so no one wants to look stupid clapping by themselves.

It's not designed for applause. It IS impressive, plenty of people have said that, but the designers weren't thinking "OK, lets do this, the crowd will go nuts!"