Closet Drum Corps Guy

:blink: I started in a drum and bugle corps when I was 12 years old. Marched, if you can call it that, wearing snowshoes and carrying the mouthpiece of a straight G bugle near my body to keep it from freezing. I was a member of "Les Montagnard" in the late 1950s' in the frozen tundra of Maine. I then joined the Scarlet Cadets Junior Drum and Bugle Corps in the early sixties and played a Soprano bugle (with one valve, ^OO^ ) then played snare drum during the last year when our membership in that department fell apart. I also played soprano for the Pine Tree Warriors. Life's turns and twists took me away from drum corps for 45 years. But I managed to keep up with it as an outsider, especially when my nephew joined the Santa Clara Vanguard. My family which had grown to 5 followed him around for 3 years and attended every contest that was within a days drive from where we lived (which was all over the U.S. - retired military :blink: ) Last November I came out of the closet and joined the Shenandoah Sound. I play a soprano! But I still don't know what to do with the second valve :worthy: I am looking forward to the DCA show in Rochester! And hope everybody comes to out Sound of the South show this coming Saturday. :blink:

Doesn't it suck having to use fingers on the valves. :P

Last month we were talking about piston/rotors and I flipped out one of the younger people by saying: "OK valve 1 is right thumb, valve 2 is left thumb, what the #### thumb is valve 3 supposed to be?" ^0^

Welcome and will be looking for you at next years Apple Blossom Parade in Winchester.

Doesn't it suck having to use fingers on the valves. :P

Last month we were talking about piston/rotors and I flipped out one of the younger people by saying: "OK valve 1 is right thumb, valve 2 is left thumb, what the #### thumb is valve 3 supposed to be?" ^0^

Welcome and will be looking for you at next years Apple Blossom Parade in Winchester.

Rotor? :worthy: I miss the slide that you pulled out only 2 inches for an E flat and as far as it would go out for the other notes. I enjoyed our dual of corps at this year's Apple Blossom Parade See you next year. :)

Welcome to DCP and Enjoy thy stay!

drumspiritTerrance