(The) Famous "Stripper"

I believe Skippy Groff played the soprano solo on "The Stripper"

You would be correct.

and that there Stripper is Nick Rizzi (sp), right?

It is!

It is!

Thank you! I received email confirmation (on both) before I posted a comment on the Blog.

I wish folks like you would add your own personal tidbits and under your own names. I truly believe it would mean SO much more to the readers. This is a documentation of our history.... please take part!

Thank you! I received email confirmation (on both) before I posted a comment on the Blog.

I wish folks like you would add your own personal tidbits and under your own names. I truly believe it would mean SO much more to the readers. This is a documentation of our history.... please take part!

I'm not good at blogging but I took a look at your blog and I will participate when it's a subject (like the Rebels!) that I know about. I love the old newspaper articles and the comments the writers make about repertoires and performances back in the day. Nothing has really changed too much when you think about it. Corps in competition still have to play to the judges and not the crowd, complacency in positioning etc. It's just a different style in a different key (in most cases) but still the same worries and concerns.

Nickie doesn't play anymore and Skippy is deceased but I would love to bring back the Stripper to our book. We could do it and have so much fun with it. I can see them all lining up to audition for the stripper..................dear God. b**bs

I always use my own name. I'm too old and too tired to come up with some clever pseudo, if you know what I mean.

I'm not good at blogging but I took a look at your blog and I will participate when it's a subject (like the Rebels!) that I know about.

There is nothing to blogging. It's just like posting here, except you have to retype a few letters. Thank you. I really appreciate it as I bet others would also.

I love the old newspaper articles and the comments the writers make about repertoires and performances back in the day. Nothing has really changed too much when you think about it. Corps in competition still have to play to the judges and not the crowd, complacency in positioning etc. It's just a different style in a different key (in most cases) but still the same worries and concerns.

I hear ya.

Nickie doesn't play anymore and Skippy is deceased but I would love to bring back the Stripper to our book. We could do it and have so much fun with it. I can see them all lining up to audition for the stripper..................dear God. b**bs

Sorry to hear about Skippy. If you are in touch with Nick... please pass along this link. He might enjoy seeing it again.

I always use my own name. I'm too old and too tired to come up with some clever pseudo, if you know what I mean.

Again, I hear ya.

Please feel free to email me anytime about the Blog. NanciD@att.net

Look forward to seeing you DCA weekend!

I was wondering why I didn't remember the stripper. It was before Dads time. We were still in Chicago.

I was wondering why I didn't remember the stripper. It was before Dads time. We were still in Chicago.

A few years before your dad, Cindy. I was only a kid when they did it and what I remember the most about it was the solo part and not the strip! I guess I knew then where my priorities were going to be.